Hotel Ibis Sathorn Bangkok

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals

Hotel Ibis Sathorn Bangkok Reviews

travjade travjade
Very good service for a 3 star hotel!!! Jul 03, 2011
Booked a room four months prior to my Bangkok trip when accor hotels had a 50% off on most of its hotels.

The room was very basic, nice firm bed, safety deposit box, small fridge and an LCD (or was it flat screen) TV. The toilet had a cubicle for the shower.

The staff too were very nice. There was this time when I just left my laptop, passport and some valuables lying around on the bed as I thought the room won't be cleaned if I put on the 'DO NOT DISTURB' tag on the door. And guess what? I got back later that night with everything tucked inside the safe box with everything intact.

Only downside though is you have to pay for the internet but you can always take your laptop to the lobby if you need to go online. They have computers too that you could use if you got no laptop.

Food, too, was great and cheap. You gotta try their buffet breakfast/lunch.

I will definitely stay here again when I visit Bangkok with friends or somebody special as it get kind of lonely at night when you're all alone in the room.
sujithp sujithp
A beautiful hotel Jun 28, 2011
I went to bangkok for a week and booked ibis...surpringly the hotel was much more than i paid for...the service , staff n food was amazing! and not to mention the check in and check out was so fast! the taxiz were available 24 hours and the bar and the raetauranmt was open throughtout the night! and it was an amazing experience!
yves_ces yves_ces
cozy place in bangkok Jun 24, 2011
Good, no frills hotel. Fair enough for those who will mostly stay out & explore the city during the day and have a nice, cozy sleep at night. Has a porch for some good conversations over beer. Few minutes walk from mrt station and overall good service.
julie1222 julie1222
Close to everything and decent Apr 04, 2011
This hotel is close to everything.

Every little corner has a little spot to vist. Like a great massage place and food and attractions.
rusellstarbucks rusellst…
ibis saves my night Nov 15, 2010
this hotel definitely saves my night.

I was having my very late night walk in bangkok and when i went back home to my friends apartment. it happened that i forgot my key for the door. so, i tried calling my friends to wake them up but yeah they all in a dead sleep.. alcohol must got have to do with it! lolz... anyhow... i ended up no respond.. i wait for few minutes and still unavail... Ah i decided to get to the nearest hotel. it's 2am now.

I checked in at ibis then.

The room is good.. clean... and spacious for me. The bathroom is well designed... i like it!

the bed is comfy... and basic stuff is available for ur stay. im happy.

but at 4am a friend called replying to my msg that i left that i will be at a hotel. He phoned me and said the door is open now..hahahaha

i said i will stay here for awhile but after the call i feel different and wish to go home. I went down for i was at 712. i didnt check-out officially coz i planned to have a shower after i woke up in my room in my apartment. hahahah just to make my life a little complicated then.

so i woke up at 11am in my room at the apartment and walk 5 minutes to the hotel get a shower. have my coffee.. read the newspaper and check-out.

basically i sleep on the hotel bed for 2 hours.. lolz

used there shower and drink their coffee.. that's what i paid for.

And u know what my friend said.. u should broke the one piece glass of the door, they usually do it if they forgot the key. Repairing the door glass is more cheaper than having a hotel.

dang! i should do it next time...lolz but ibis is a nice -comfy hotel
jty jty
Awesome Feb 16, 2009
Very uniquely located. You don't stay in the middle of the hips and hops of towns but you get a train station say about 10 minute walk and it is completely safe even at night. We had been to the underground train station many days and night by walking we didn't even think of going by taxi and its a getaway from the hectic town.

The internet is expensive at 150baht an hour. instead just walk across to near by internet cafe's that charge 30baht an hour. 7-11 close by so its awesome.

I love the in room safe as I don't have to lug my passport around. Basic amenities and the toilet is small but sufficient as they have almost everything you need in there. Very clever make use of space

The rooms are a bit small but can make do with that. LCD TV showing 80 satellite channels but most are in Thai but still good to entertain you when you are back and tired.

Some interesting find:

The night bazaar (Suan Lum) is just as far as the train station is. Just walk there and you can find plenty of night stalls selling all kinds of stuffs. I love the art, deco and also some interior stuff there. The boxing stadium is also close by the night market. For those muay thai lovers.

Just a walking distant to the main road you can find a day market and food stalls. very convenient.

There is also a park (Lumphini) which is the largest part in Thailand But I did not get to check it out as we are already dead tired by the time we finished the day

Will definitely give it a go again when I visit Bangkok
The room
The view outside of my room. 7 ele…
Hotel at night. beautifully lit
The view across the street

Hotel Ibis Sathorn Amenities

• Boating
  • Tennis Courts (indoor)
  • Water Activities
  • Bowling Alley
  • Tennis Courts (outdoor)
  • Photocopier
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Facsimile
  • Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower
  • Child Pool
  • Cots
  • Highchairs
  • Security and video surveillance in public areas
  • Designated Smoking Area