Hotel Hoksbergen

Hotel Hoksbergen Rates and Deals

Hotel Hoksbergen Amsterdam Reviews

a13a a13a
Decent place, friendly staff, great location. May 20, 2011
Hoksbergen is a nice little place, very clean and presentable on the first ring of canals. It's the second place I've stayed in Amsterdam and definitely a big step up from the other place. I had asked for a room with a canal view, and they were happy to oblige - our room had double windows which we opened to a lovely view.

THe room was very AMsterdam-sized; I still can't understand how people are okay with paying 100€ per night for rooms here but that's the rate in Amsterdam unfortunately. Comparatively at least it's a great deal. THe staff are very friendly, the breakfast is extensive - cereal, bread, coffee on top of the standard dutch staples of cheese and salami - although the timing from 8-10am meant I couldn't often take it as I was there for work and had to leave before breakfast time started. The only other downside was the shower - water pressure was almost non-existant which let down an otherwise very recommendable stay. For those that aren't bothered by that it's a top option. :)
homeres homeres
The Little Hidden hotel along the canal Mar 25, 2008
Alright we never heard of this hotel until we got into Amsterdam and we stopped at the Tourist Office and it was narrowed down to what was available.

To get there know that you are looking in the Singel Centrum. If you walk there from the Centraal Station, it's not a helluva walk ( unless you are dragging luggage-on-wheels, i know people, it was aggravating!!!) Once you see the Postal Office, keep looking on the left hand side.

Once there you go down some steps and there is the dining area and thus their office. The hotel is run by Chinese employees during the day, most speak english and dutch. I had no problem with the service justwhen we got up the stairs. Note: Hotels in Amsterdam known for small rooms but i wasn't perpared for this...the stair were small and narrow, it is not recommended to be drunk or under the influence because you will literally crawl up the stairs. It's a bitch especially of you have grown accostumed your whole life with elevaters, escalaters, etc..

So you're literally crawling up the steps with your bags, our room was on the 4th floor.

The bathroom...I have to say and I'm not gonna make fun of body types but if you are a large grown man, your ass is not gonna fit in there. It is the size of a closet, the sink, toilet and BAM! the stand-up shower..( man i should've took a pic of it)

Also you can't get away from the cannibus smoke, everyday someone is smoking marijuana and you can smell it as you climb the steps, (*what a buzz*) Great customer service but with the money we paid we shouldve went somewhere else.

If you chose this hotel, it is near a lotta restaurants and near sightseeing places like Anne Frank Huis, the Rijkmuseum is a hop skip and jump.

Cheers, drink a Heine for me!!
man, i'll never forget these steps…
mainhart mainhart
Cheap in the heart of Amsterdam Aug 04, 2001
The Hotel/Pension Hoksbergen is a quaint from the outside, old canal house on the lovely Singel Canal, right in the heart of old Amsterdam. You're a few minutes walk from almost anywhere, which is really handy. The rooms are very small, and the bathrooms, while clean, are miniscule. When sitting on the toilet, I could not close the door, due to my knees sticking out, although I am not quite six feet tall. My roomate was not thrilled with this! It was a rare hot spell in Holland so the small window and little fan did not help. To be fair though, I hear that Amsterdam does not have too many of those days. The stairs are steep and narrow, so be careful carrying your luggage. The breakfasts were nice, served in a cheery room and the coffee was excellent. The hotel is not a bad choice if you are not clausterphobic and not terribly tall.

Hotel Hoksbergen Overview

Our small hotel is situated in a beautiful canal-house that is over 300 years old, nestled on the quiet, picturesque Singel, the oldest of the four major ring canals in Amsterdam's famed inner city. Our cosy hotel offers an oasis right in the centre of town. The hustle and bustle of the shopping streets around Dam Square, the charm of the myriad canals lined with 17th-century houses and world famous sights, such as the Anne Frank House, are all literally steps away. There are also convenient trams and other public transport options to whisk you off to all of the city's many attractions. Room information: the hotel offers 13 double and single rooms and one triple room. We serve a good continental breakfast-buffet in our light and pleasant breakfast room. On a nearby quiet street we also rent 5 spacious self-catering apartments, ideal for families or small groups (for 1 to 4 people). The self-catering apartments have a completely furnished kitchen and are conveniently located near a supermarket, so that you can easily prepare your meals. This description is based on information provided by the hotel.

Hotel Hoksbergen Amenities

• Cable / Satellite TV
  • Hair Dryer
  • TV
  • Ticket Service
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • En suite
  • Private Bathroom
  • Luggage Storage
  • Paid Parking

Related Travel Blogs About Hotel Hoksbergen

A Flight Attendent, a soldier running amuck in Frankfurt...
Im going to tell this story the way i told it to Bschooled which drove her crazy cuz i would tell a bits of the story at a time cuz school, army right now are driving me crazy at the moment. Thank yo…AMSTERDAM I left Hoksbergen Hotel around 11am. This was the second time i stayed at this hotel, nothing special…

Check Hotel Hoksbergen Rates and Deals