Hotel Hirschen

Check Villingen-Schwenningen Hotel Deals

Hotel Hirschen Villingen-Schwenningen Reviews

Gord22 Gord22
Beautiful location and very close to Villingen-Schwenningen Town Oct 09, 2010
We were on a one week tour of Germany, traveling round the Black Forest. The Hirschen Hotel was one of several hotels we stayed in, and is located very close (8km) from Villingen-Schwenningen Town centre.

The hotel itself is beautiful, around it are views of the alps and Black Forest Countryside. A small church opposite completes this picture postcard scenery.

Th room was clean, modern and the shower had good water pressure. The view from our balcony was stunning.

The biggest surprise was the restaurant. Starting off with a couple of excellent German Beers which they have on tap, we then learnt that this restaurant has a excellent reputation in Villingen-Schwenningen as one of the best in the area. The food was sublime, the Pork dish I had simply melted in my mouth, and my partners Pasta dish made with local mushrooms and pork was equally yum!

The restaurant had many locals eating, which is always a good sign.

All together a excellent hotel, both very reasonably priced and superb food. And the location is stunning.

We visited Villingen-Schwenningen the local town the next day and was surprised to find a beautiful medieval town. It reminded me of Prague and had many cosy German bars serving excellent beer.

An excellent place to visit in you are ever in The Black Forest