Hotel Haven

Hotel Haven Rates and Deals

Hotel Haven Helsinki Reviews

vances vances
Truly a Haven Jun 23, 2016
With all of Helsinki’s wonderful buildings, the architecture of Hotel Haven is staid. But only on the outside and you quickly drop any mediocre impressions after entering. An elegantly appointed bar adjoins the tasteful lobby, and after cheerful greetings from the front desk you feel relaxed and welcome.

Next you check into your room and the WOW factor kicks in. Warmly decorated with double the floor space from our previous two hotels, this felt like a treat. There was a live orchid greeting us and total coverage of all necessities. There was even a big screen TV in the bathroom that was larger than the single screen we had in the other venues.

The beds were amazing and a better compliment of accessories than our last place (meaning separate bottles for soap and shampoo, lol). I mentioned the façade is lackluster and unfortunately meshes with the sterile, industrial feel of the street where Hotel Haven sits, but the location is actually quite good. You are only a block off of the Esplanade and the facility spans a second structure overlooking the harbor at Market Square. Our first evening here we ended the night with drinks in the bar, enjoying top notch service (everyone here was conversant in English) in digs reminiscent of a classic English pub.

Perhaps the best part was the surprise saved for breakfast. Initially unable to locate the buffet, the front desk rescued us by steering us towards an exit. Passing through a charming atrium (where we espied entrance to another bar/restaurant which seemed the definition of cool) to an adjoining building. Here we climbed stairs to the second floor, discovering a fantastic buffet spread throughout several rooms. Décor, utensils, furniture: everything was elegant. And getting to sit by a sunny window looking upon activity in Market Square was a finishing touch of perfection. Well, maybe I should reserve that comment for the excellent cheeses and unlimited salmon!

Hotel Haven definitely lives up to its name. Although a bit pricier than average, the stellar accommodations and excellent staff more than cost justify a marvelous experience.
Here we are, Hotel Haven in Helsin…
Beds were supremely comfortable.
Wifi was very good, affording Laur…
Desk area
tersia tersia
Heaven in Hotel Haven Feb 14, 2013
After my trip to Tallinn we went back to Helsinki where I would stay about 16 hours before I caught a flight back home to Accra. The reservations for our hotel were made by one of my friends; all he said was that it is stunning and close to everything.

We arrived at the hotel after about 30min drive from the airport and my first impression was that I’m going to love the hotel. It is beautiful, clean and the décor very elegant but still warm and cosy.

The porter took our luggage and we reported to the front desk. The personnel were all very professional, friendly and helpful. When I got to my room my luggage was already there and I felt like I arrived in heaven.

The room was very spacious, I had a personalised welcoming message displaying on the TV, the bathroom exquisite and the king-size bed kept winking at me. I especially liked the attention to detail, since it was Valentine’s Day there were 2 heart shaped chocolates on the bed. A gown, slippers and even a ghd (for the guys, this is a hair straightener) was available, this impressed me a lot.

I had a very short but very comfortable night there. The bed was just wonderful, the linen of excellent quality, and in short, one of the best beds I’ve ever slept in.

The hotel is very well located; we could walk everywhere we needed to be. After our night out I asked the front desk to organise a taxi for the next morning and give me a wakeup call. The call was right on-time, as agreed upon. When I checked out the taxi was waiting outside and no time was wasted to get me to the airport on time.

If your budget is not too tight, I would highly recommend that you give the Haven a go. It will be money well spent and you’ll have the best night’s rest ever!!
Lovely room!!! (with a view)
Desk & coolest suitcase ever!!!
happy Valentine's Day xx
spocklogic says:
Worth it sometimes to spend something extra for the comfort and treat yourself!
Posted on: Mar 12, 2013
vulindlela says:
Looks very nice!
Posted on: Mar 12, 2013
suzbert suzbert
Excellent hotel, by the Esplanade in Helsinki May 25, 2010
I stayed in the Haven or 2 short days, during a business trip.

The entrance of the hotel is a bit strange, with steps to access either the desk or the bar or even the elevator...No convenient with a suitcase heavy with documents! nobody to help, until you reach the desk itself, where the staff is very polite and welcoming.

However, this is the only bad point for the hotel, who is a marvel of design and comfort! Very large room, extremely comfortable bed, desk, sofa in the room. Large bathroom, everything in good order and extremely clean. As you can read by counting the number of time I am using extremely, I was impressed!

Breakfast is included in the price of the room, and consisted of a very good buffet.

I had dinner at the hotel restaurant on the first night, and found the staff completely overwhelmed by the (relatively) small number of customers. It was the same for both breakfast. This is the only negative point of this hotel.

It is only one block from the Esplanade and the shopping area of Helsinki. Most of the walks and boat tours are leaving less than 5 minutes walk from the hotel.
suzbert says:
Posted on: May 29, 2010
Glynnes says:
Great review. Thanks.
Posted on: May 29, 2010

Hotel Haven Overview

Visitors looking for stylish accommodations in Helsinki can book their stay in the Hotel Haven, which is located right in the heart of the city. Tourists staying in this property can enjoy wander down to the nearby Market Square, and then visit the nearby Design Museum, cathedral, and Museum of Contemporary Art. Private parking is available for guests driving to the Hotel Haven.

Spacious, elegant rooms decorated with designer fabrics and hand-picked objects d’art are available in the Hotel Haven. Rooms come with complimentary wireless Internet access, televisions, and safes.

The Hotel Haven is a new 5-star boutique hotel that offers 3 high class restaurants. Each morning guests can wake up to a complimentary buffet breakfast and then choose a mouth-watering entrée from one of the on-site restaurants later in the day. After an exhausting day of walking to the city’s numerous attractions, tourists can return to the hotel and pamper themselves with one of the hotel’s spa treatments.

Hotel Haven Amenities

• Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Body Treatments
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes