Hotel Harriet

Hotel Harriet Rates and Deals

Hotel Harriet Turku Reviews

hujera hujera
The worst place I've been Jul 08, 2013
I stayed at the hotel 3 nights, and must say, that this one was the worst hotel, I've experienced during my Finnish journey, which was amazing.

I arrived to the hotel. The staff a young lady didn't seem to be much welcoming - well I don't rate the hotel after the first person I meet, but after that, what I saw later on.

I came to the room number 1. The hotel is actually an upper floor of a house. The room was very (I'd say extremely) small - a bit like a prison cell, but I would survive this, if I wouldn't have seen the next facilities.

There was a hole in the sheet on the bed and blond hair found on the pillow - I'd like to stress, that I am not blond and haven't had a blond visitor there.

The bathroom was a bit strange too. A very small space. There was a shower curtain at the door, but having shower was connected with wet environment left around - so small it was. I couldn't understand one thing in the bathroom. There was a switch for the light about 1 metre far from the shower, as well as a socket in the basin area. The mystery is, who could approve this inside the bathroom, close to the source of water. I am not an engineer and not an overzealous health & safety inspector, but this was really too much.

The breakfast - another joke!!! The breakfast is served on the corridor (I am not joking, seriously) in the style a bit like feeding a livestock. That was shocking - I am pretty sure, if this would happen in Prague, so the guests would have been raging (not in Turku though). There was a kind of a buffet with a very poor choice, but even the quality was extremely poor. I went there and had bread, salami - looked like from a previous day (and tasted the same), butter was melting, a kind of juice I poured down to the sink (it was awful) and I fortunately had my own teabags, so I used them. I refused to sit on highchairs in the corridor watching people fighting about a piece of food, so spent the first and second morning in my room. The second day I took just muesli and yogurt and the third of my stay in the hotel I went to the supermarket on the other side of the street to buy some nice stuff for the breakfast.

I left this horrible hotel with a disgust. I was shocked, that guests can meet something like this in a developed country like Finland. And what about the authorities, do they mind?

It is obvious, that the owner is just interested to get money squeezed from the guests (I paid quite a lot for this disaster) and not to give anything back, it is possible to feel the attitude from the hotel. This is absolute shame...

I try to be objective, but my good advice to you is: AVOID the place of shame...
hujera says:
Hopalong: It is a review of the hotel, but I don't judge the country or the city - I had really great time all the 14 days. Turku is a great city and it is just a shame of the hotel management, just want to be objective and warn the others to avoid disappointments. I had read reviews about the hotel, but wanted to try it. The majority of them was telling the truth.
Posted on: Jul 03, 2013
hujera says:
trippin_jen: Photos make usually things better looking. I didn't take any photos of the breakfast, but it wasn't appetizing, you can trust me. Even, if you check the web site of the hotel, you wouldn't guess the real situation either!
Posted on: Jul 03, 2013
trippin_jen says:
well it looks quite decent on the photos. i'd like to see photos of the breakfast area though. i can't imagine how it looks like. Haha!
Posted on: Jul 02, 2013

Hotel Harriet Overview

With its central location, Hotel Harriet is within easy reach of most tourist attractions and business addresses in Turku. All hotel's guestrooms have all the conveniences expected in a hotel in its class to suit guests' utmost comforts. Each guestroom is fully equipped with non smoking rooms, air conditioning, daily newspaper, desk, ironing board. The basic amenities provided at this Turku accommodation comprise 24hr room service, shops, business center, pets allowed. The hotel offers golf course (on site) to provide extra pleasure and relaxation for all guests. The hotel creates a balance of rich culture and modern convinience to ensure you a memorable stay. To book a room easily at the Hotel Harriet, please submit your travel dates and proceed with our secure online booking form.

Hotel Harriet Amenities

• Kitchenette
  • Microwave
  • TV
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower