Hotel Gravity

Check Chandigarh Hotel Deals

Hotel Gravity Chandigarh Reviews

fullstopindia fullstop…
Right location, wrong facility for your stay in Chandigarh Apr 10, 2011
Several years ago my travels passed me through Chandigarh when, at that time, I did most of my sightseeing of the city. My visit in 2009 was merely for logistical reasons in-between points of interest that were too far to cover in one day’s driving. All I wanted was a bed, a hot shower in the morning and a decent breakfast. Unfortunately the night I needed this fell on Diwali when the city was packing up early to get home to it’s parties and celebrations.

Having stayed here previously, I knew that Sector 35 was ripe with hotel options. Upon arrival I looked at 3 different hotels but settled on Hotel Gravity. The manager, knowing I was looking for a bargain and willing to walk to find it, offered me a room with breakfast included for Rs 1000. The rate was robbery but my choices were limited as employees at other hotels were beginning their Diwali Pooja (Worship). The room fee was expected up front in cash, a request which I rarely honor.

The room was large, included A/C (not needed) and faced out over the parking lot ( A nice feature for this city to watch your car). The bathroom was a different story; Dirty, cracked and falling apart. It did offer a Western toilet, a shower plus full time running water. This was one hotel I was happy to carry my own TP, towel and flip flops. The bed was large enough for two to sleep comfortably. TV channel options were sparse.

The hotel is paired with a nightclub/disco bar just off the lobby. This has become very popular with the younger urban crowd of Chandigarh. On this night it was closed, replaced by nonstop Diwali fireworks which continued well past 2 A.M.

A walk up the flight of stairs from my room took me to the unsecured rooftop entrance/exit door where I was able to watch a 360º fireworks show. That part was exciting and fun to watch however I’m not sure any other night how the noise level would be in the room.

The next morning I was greeted to the same manager from the night before. When I asked to make good on my breakfast he explained he had almost no staff due to Diwali. My options this morning were for a veggie sandwich and chai. Figuring most places would be opening late the morning after the Holiday I accepted his meager offering.

The sign above the front door claims Hotel Gravity is the City’s most comfortable hotel. There should be an asterisk after that: *for Rs 1000. Nowhere near my worst hotel experience, I’m more put out by the fact I’ve paid Rs 400 and had much better experiences elsewhere. Lesson learned.

Check Chandigarh Hotel Deals