Hotel Genius Downtown

Hotel Genius Downtown Rates and Deals

Hotel Genius Downtown Milan Reviews

_Renegade_ _Renegad…
Would not recommend this! Feb 11, 2012
I was in this hotel for 5 nights for work. On arrival at the hotel I was greeted by a not so friendly receptionist who gave me my room keys and directed me to the lift where I could find my room, without barely looking at me once let alone smiling. Upon arriving in my room I was surprised given the bad reviews I had read previously from another travel website. (Although I should mention the corridor leading to the room was awful-dirty and it was old and smelly). The room was very big compared to others in Milan and the bathroom was a decent size too. The television was tiny and barely visible while lying in bed. I got up the next morning to have a shower only to discover that the shower was a little dirty with soap scum marks, so I decided to wear flip-flops. The shower leaked all over the floor literally leaving a pool that I had to mop up.

There was a strange smell of what seemed like stagnant water in the hotel which left me unable to stomach the breakfast.

I know that most hotels in Milan seem like the walls are paper thin but this one really does! My noisy neighbors did not seem to mind that people could hear their sex life at all hours of the morning though!

I had to pay for the wifi which was €9 for the duration of my stay, it seems though that this is normal in Milan. Also, the wireless is terrible, I was using it on my iPhone and it was off more than it was on!

I think that for the price of this hotel you can find much nicer, like the Hotel Ariston which I'm about to review! :)
Chokk says:
Thanks for sharing ;D
Posted on: Feb 12, 2012

Hotel Genius Downtown Overview

This Milan accommodation is a short walk from the Castello Sforesco in the downtown district. Guests can walk to the Piazza Duomo and into the fashion district from the hotel, with many shops and restaurants in the immediate area. Cardona Station is near the Hotel Genius Downtown Milan, offering guests access to underground lines 1 and 2. The station also offers a shuttle to the Malpensa International Airport, which takes about 40 minutes for the journey.

There are 38 rooms at the Hotel Genius Downtown Milan. Smoking and non-smoking rooms are available, depending on the floor of the room and availability. Each room has an en suite bathroom, air conditioning, telephone, television, and alarm clock.

With a 3 star designation, the red brick Hotel Genius Downtown Milan offers an intimate experience to business and leisure travelers. In the mornings, an international breakfast is served to guests in a buffet style. There is a bar which offers aperitifs and coffees in the evening hours. There are 4 levels to the property, and one level is designated as a non-smoking zone.

Hotel Genius Downtown Amenities

• Direct dial phone
  • Ticket Service
  • Facsimile
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • En suite