Hotel Ganesh Himal

Hotel Ganesh Himal Rates and Deals

Hotel Ganesh Himal Kathmandu Reviews

HollyLou HollyLou
Felt like Home! Feb 21, 2010
I stayed in Hotel Ganesh Himal for 6 weeks.

As soon as I walked in, I relaxed. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. My room was great, smelt and looked clean with a comfortable bed.

This hotel started to feel like a home from home! It was great to return to each day after the chaos of Kathmandu. The garden is beautiful and the Roof Top Terrace had spectacular views! The location was great, about a 5 minute walk from Thamel, meaning it was quiet but close enough to the mayhem. The staff were fantastic and so very helpful.

I would recommend this Hotel to everyone.
Biedjee says:
Six weeks? Wow, well, at least you picked a good place to stay :-)
Posted on: Nov 10, 2010
Kathmandu1 says:
My staying is near by just few house. Anyway you have had good staying there. Goodluck and safe travel.
Posted on: Feb 23, 2010
Biedjee Biedjee
Best place I stayed at in Kathmandu Sep 25, 2010
If a hotel is recommended as “our pick” in Lonely Planet it can usually mean three things: One, it is likely to be a good place to stay. Two, it might be busier than places which are not listed. Three, the prices might increase once the hotel management starts to realise its popularity. The Ganesh Himal is all of the above.

This is definitely the best place I stayed at in Kathmandu (and believe me, I stayed in a few). The staff is friendly, the rooms are nice, the beds are really, really comfortable and they have the fastest Internet I have come across in Nepal.

The only negative aspect of the hotel is that it is situated a short walk from Thamel, yet despite being in a residential area, it is still very noisy (Nepali are early risers and most of them have dogs...), though I haven't stayed in a single hotel in Kathmandu which was quiet.

After the disastrous experience with Hotel Moon Light (see my other review) they offered me one night's stay for free, which I thought was very generous. I was leaving on a trekking the next day and wanted to make a reservation for when I returned, however, I was told that for the whole month of October they were fully booked and they could not take any reservations. I guess being “Our pick” in Lonely Planet comes at a price - it's almost always full.

Still I would recommend it. If you are heading for Kathmandu and don't mind paying a little more for your room, this is definitely the place to go. Just make sure you reserve your room well in advance!
Garden restaurant
Hotel Ganesh Himal
My bedroom
siri siri
Oct 11, 2010
I'd recommend the hotel for anyone who wants to be close enough to Thamel to enjoy it but far enough away to have a little more peace at night time. Having said that, I would say that the extra 2 dollars for an executive room might be a good investment for light sleepers - they overlook the garden instead of the road!

comfy beds, hot showers, good restaurant menu, attentive and polite staff.

Check Hotel Ganesh Himal Rates and Deals