Hotel Formule 1 Perth Airport

Check Perth Hotel Deals

Hotel Formule 1 Perth Airport Reviews

goezi goezi
Fly-in, fly-out transit Mar 20, 2010
Formule 1 hotel is a budget hotel that seems to cater for the “fly in, fly out” miners around Western Australia. Basic might be a more appropriate adjective than budget. Relatively cheap, but relative only because of it’s proximity to the airport and the lack of other choices. At AU$94 for 11 hours in the most basic hotel room I’ve ever experienced I had better consider getting myself one of those mining jobs if I’m going to be a regular traveller through Perth.

Once I got past the chatty young man in reception to my appointed room, I was afraid traffic noise from the main road in front of the hotel would keep me awake. I needn’t have worried, it was no problem; the double glazing was good protection from that.

There was a selection of free television to keep me entertained for the evening but I could have paid for other channels if I felt so inclined. The room itself was sparsely furnished -a single bunk bed over a queen and a roller blind covering the window to close out Perth’s prying eyes.

The bathroom in was a disappointment, with a shower that spilled directly onto the floor then ran to a drain in front of the toilet. There were towels and soap but no facecloth. I wondered if they had a problem with theft as most of the items in the room seemed to be bolted to the floor, the walls or the desk.

Formule 1 didn’t have a shuttle service available so I had to order a taxi to run me to the airport in the morning. This was a simple task and the taxi arrived on time, getting the job done for just $11.
Twilight arrival
Very basic room
Toilet & shower fight for space
Frontage

Hotel Formule 1 Perth Airport Overview

Formule 1 Perth Airport is conveniently located just minutes from the Perth Airport domestic terminal, and is just a five minute drive from Ascot and Belmont racecourses.

Hotel Formule 1 Perth Airport Amenities

• High-speed Internet
  • Parking
  • TV
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • En suite