Hotel Fontaine Royal

Hotel Fontaine Royal Rates and Deals

Hotel Fontaine Royal Liepaja Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Hotel Fontaine Royal Jul 07, 2014
What can I say about this hotel, some people like it and some people hate it. Me personally… it was a very interesting stayed and I actually quite like it, the feeling was different and not like other hotel I have stayed before. The hotel seems tacky with so many “Royal” sign everywhere, from the crown on each chairs, light with a Royal sign along the hall way to the room and the ghostly feeling in the hallway with a very dim light. If I stay alone in this place, I probably would stay inside the room all night and get starve since the hallway was very spooky and I actually scare to walk alone there – day or night. I imagine some dead people knocking my room at night time. This place is perfect for ghost story or horror movie.

The hotel located at the harbour front not far from the city centre, it was within walking distant to the old town and the tram actually available if you were brave enough to try it. The hotel building use to be an army barrack and it showed from the concrete wall which maintain along the room. The hotel is a blend of an old and new design.

We have a room on the third floor and the room itself very small with a big old design bed stand like royalty. A couple of sofa and table next to the bed right at the window with the view of the main street and view of the water below. The roof of the room was a plain concrete with black chandelier lamp. The bathroom design with Moroccan tiles and looks exotic but shower very basic.

No air condition inside the room and it was very hot during afternoon and night time. I could not sleep well at this place because of the heat and the ghostly feeling at night when the light was out.

It was cheaper to book through internet than go to the hotel directly, different around €15. So I just borrow the internet access when arrived in the hotel and then booked it online through my laptop. I do not remember the exact cost, either €50 or €55 per night for two people without breakfast.

The hotel has many different types of the room and prices suite any type of budget, from the dorm, basic single room with or without bathroom to luxury room with a separate seating area.

The receptionist was not friendly or polite. She just chew chewing gum while talking with us and did not talk much.

The hotel restaurant has plenty of food selection, but strangely not much service. We dine here and basically, we just sit anywhere we like and then order the food at the bar inside the restaurant, pay the price and then get the number and wait at our table. Food was not good, but it was okay, and price very reasonable, cost between €7 to €12 per meal without drink. I personally would not go back to the restaurant for dinner or lunch.

Plenty of small cafés and restaurants near the hotel, but we did not try it.
the hotel name card
the hotel building
the reception area and lobby
the bedroom
gingerbatik says:
agree May, never have this kind of hotel before, very interesting.
Posted on: Oct 24, 2014
cotton_foam says:
That was a very wise decision Yunni -- to book online even if you're already in the hotel! :))
No AC? Awww...
A hotel for Halloween eh?
Posted on: Oct 23, 2014

Hotel Fontaine Royal Overview

With its central location, Hotel Fontaine Royal is within easy reach of most tourist attractions and business addresses in Liepaja. All hotel's guestrooms have all the conveniences expected in a hotel in its class to suit guests' utmost comforts. Each guestroom has television, bathtub, shower, separate shower and tub. This Liepaja accommodation features on-site facilities such as 24hr room service, shops, bar/pub, laundry service/dry cleaning, meeting facilities. The hotel offers massage, indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna to provide extra pleasure and relaxation for all guests. Modern comfort and convenience are seamlessly combined to ensure the guests' satisfaction. To proceed with this reservation at the Hotel Fontaine Royal, please enter your visit dates and follow our secure online booking form.

Hotel Fontaine Royal Amenities