Hotel Elvezia al Lago

Average rate: $164 - Hotel class: 3 stars
Sentiero di Gandria 21, Lugano, Switzerland
Hotel Elvezia al Lago - This was just outside our room
Hotel Elvezia al Lago - The bigger balcony
Hotel Elvezia al Lago - This door opens up to a bigger balcony!
Hotel Elvezia al Lago - The balcony (smaller)
Hotel Elvezia al Lago - The balcony (smaller)
Hotel Elvezia al Lago - Our room <3
Hotel Elvezia al Lago - Le Hotel!

Check Lugano Hotel Deals

Hotel Elvezia al Lago Lugano Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Romantic Paradise Jul 14, 2013
Looking back to the time when I was at this hotel made me smile. This was by far, the most romantic hotel that my boyfriend has ever booked for us.

This small boutique hotel tucked away in Gandria, away from the mainstream touristic parts in Lugano is absolutely perfect for honeymooners and couples.

We arrived at the hotel by a ship ride (more romantic than arriving by bus or taxi isnt it?). U can arrange with the hotel such that the ship will stop to alight you right in front of the hotel instead of the usual fixed stops.

This hotel is run by a lady so you get very personalised service rather than the usual mainstream hotel staff kind of service.

Check-in was fuss-free and we were served a welcome drink upon arrival.

Our room was located at the 2nd floor. We had 2 balconies!! One was big enough for us to camp outdoors or lay a mattress to lie under the stars!

It was a very beautiful sight in the morning to just open up your door to the balcony and see the boats or ship that pass by while you are just lazing around in your room or reading the papers at the balcony.

The room was very well furnished in a Victorian/ Baroque/ Renaissance kind of style which I absolutely loved. I am a sucker for sofas, bed frames and curtains with matching textile.

It was very quiet in the hotel. You can be totally lost in your own world in this hotel. There were few other couples whom we saw during breakfast and dinner. Like I said, this hotel is perfect for couples.

Breakfast spread was generous, you get bread, condiments, cereals, cold cuts, eggs and you can take with you a pot of tea. Theres juice, water, hot chocolate & coffee as well.

We also had dinner on our last evening at the hotel. Portion was generous as well.

I definitely enjoyed my stay here and would look forward to coming back again!
Le Hotel!
Our room <3
The balcony (smaller)

Hotel Elvezia al Lago Overview

Monte Bre, Franklin College Switzerland and Monte San Salvatore are within easy driving distance of the Hotel Elvezia al Lago. Monte Boglia and Denti della Vecchia can be reached with a 20 minute drive. Lugano Airport (LUG) is a 20 minute drive from the hotel. The location of the hotel allows guests to easily reach many tourist destinations on foot. Art Museum Lugano and Museum of Modern Art are within a 10 minute drive.

Check Lugano Hotel Deals