Hotel El Sueno de Meme

Check Leon Hotel Deals

Hotel El Sueno de Meme Leon Reviews

amalia12 amalia12
Very nice staff!!!! Aug 03, 2015
I stayed here one night and was very pleased with this hotel. It is reasonably priced and the rooms are very clean. The location is also very central and it's easy to get around Leon from there on foot. My biggest compliment to this hotel would be towards the staff. I interacted with two different receptionists and they were both very kind and helpful! I asked the day receptionist about how to get to different spots and about bus routes, etc. and she was very willing to help with the information.

Now with the night receptionist I had a very funny/interesting/traumatic experience! LOL! After getting very dirty and sweaty from exploring Leon on a hot day, I needed a shower. As I open the shower curtain a flying cockroach tried to attack me (please keep in mind Nicaragua is a tropical country and these kinds of bugs make their way into the rooms, it doesn't mean the hotel was dirty)...I ran outside screaming and the receptionist kindly came over with a broom to try to fight off the bug :-D At this point it had already hidden somewhere so the receptionist was nice enough to give us another room!!!
Chokk Chokk
Good quality in Leon May 20, 2010
It was more difficult than anticipated to find a hotel in Leon compared to all other cities we visited in Nicaragua; there we usually the only two guests in the hotels we stayed in. For the first time we were met with "we are full" in the reception; Leon turned out to be different from other cities that we had visited. The first two places we tried were full and thank you for that. After having met the full sign twice we were recommended to try the Hotel El Sueno de Meme.

So we ended up in Hotel El Sueno de Meme by coincidence and that turned out to be a fantastic experience given the money we paid for the 3 nights we stayed there. The hotel turned out to be situated very close to downtown and especially to some good restaurants.

The people working there were really sweet and friendly; willing to help you out all the time. They had also an arrangement with a parking very close to the hotel; if you are up to it you can otherwise park in front of the hotel.

The rooms are quite large; I had two nice 1½ person beds and the beds are hard and nice. There are good toilets and showers, but beware that the hot water is not really hot, but after a second you will appreciate the cold bath; Leon is known as the hottest town in Nicaragua and the humidity brought by the rain didn’t make it cooler. We were therefore extremely happy for the air-condition. I remembered that I put the temperature at 22 degrees Celsius the first night and I ended up freezing like hell; I had to adjust it up to 26 degrees before I felt warm enough.

The hotel was a small family hotel, and there were always someone sitting in the reception 24/7. I had my room just at the foot of the stairs and sometimes there were some noise but most of the time it was quite calm. There is a little balcony upstairs and also an indoor living room where you can sit and relax and have your aperitif before you leave for town.

One of the guys staying at the hotels was an American guy; one evening, while we were having a drink on the balcony before leaving for our Belgian restaurant, a beautiful local lady in a tight yellow dress were looking for room number 6. We guided her in to the right place so she could make her living; we laughed a little bit because the guy had been out changing a 500 note by us 20 minutes earlier, so he didn't plan to pay her much.

The next day when I was standing outside waiting for our tour operator to pick us up for our mangrove trip I was almost hit by a rucksack on my head; it had been thrown of the window. 2 minutes later the American left the hotel and picked the back pack up and left down the street. So besides having hookers in the room he also ditched the bill; some character he was.
The sign of the hotel
The hotel
The balcony
The outer stairs
jennjeff1 says:
%$## Americans!!!!
Posted on: Jun 10, 2010
Glynnes says:
Wow! - I like this review, truely informative. Thanks.
Posted on: Jun 10, 2010