Hotel El Mesón del Marqués

www.mesondelmarques.com/vall… - 01 (985) 856.20.73, 856.30.42

Check Valladolid Hotel Deals

Hotel El Mesón del Marqués Valladolid Reviews

jcox1984 jcox1984
A little expensive for Mexico, but well worth the stay! Best in Valladolid. Jul 14, 2008
As I've stated, El Meson is a little on the expensive side for Mexico, but well worth the stay! During the high-season, I've paid approximately $70 (USD). I've had the pleasure of staying at this hotel 7 times, and will be staying there again in August.

When traveling in the Yucatan, unless under strict time constraints, I always stay in Valladolid. Typically, I land in Cancun and get out of there as fast as possible! From all the traveling and such I'm usually tired, and Valladolid offers a great resting spot for the night. Valladolid is somewhat the half-way mark between Cancun and Merida.

The hotel itself use to be an old hacienda. In the main building one can still experience that "old Mexico" feel and get a sense of Yucatec architecture. At El Meson the staff is very professional and more than willing to accommodate for reasonable needs. There is an excellent restaurant that provides a "quick, decent meal" for those in a hurry, or a "cozy, romantic dinner under the night sky" for those just soaking up the moment. El Meson also has a nice size and well-maintained swimming pool. The rooms are more than adequate in size and always in tip-top shape. Unlike many other hotels, essentials such as towels, shampoos, soaps, etc. are provided. El Meson now has other services, such as wireless internet, laundry, private parking-lot, and room service.

Overall, El Meson ranks very high on my list. When planning out the budget for my trip, I always factor in this hotel.

**For those with children** In August, I will be traveling through the Yucatan with my 7 year-old little sister and will definitely being staying at El Meson. Remember, Cancun to Merida is an 8-hour bus ride, so I recommend using El Meson/Valladolid as a half-way point to rest for your children. Be sure to ask the hotel staff about the location of the cenotes!

Check Valladolid Hotel Deals