Hotel El Harti

Check Marrakech Hotel Deals

Hotel El Harti Marrakech Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Terrible hotel May 29, 2011
Hotel El Harti is located across the street from Parc El Harti, a nice peaceful garden. It´s a 25 minutes walk to the medina and the Djemaa el Fna.

When you walk into the reception, there is no one who will greet you. They don´t even look up. The only friendly person in the hotel was the older guy helping with the suitcases. The reception area was very simple and so was the restaurant.

I was first given a room (301) where the door could not be locked, so I asked to change. May be I´m paranoid, but anyone with a keycard can walk into the room when the security lock doesn´t work. I got a new keycard to room 105. Luckily the receptionist went with me. When he opened the door, it turned out that someone was already staying in the room. My worry had been confirmed!

Next room I got was 111. After I had moved my things from room 301 to 111, I had to return the old keycard in the reception. When I went down to do so, there was no one in there. I found the receptionist in a corner. He had rolled out his little carpet, was praying and could not attend to any guests.

The room was nice enough with two very comfortable single beds and a nice wooden floor, but that was where the “nice” ended. There was a TV in the room, but with channels in Arabic only. I also had a fridge, but when I tried to plug it in, there was no plug at the end of the cord. The wardrobe was tricky too. Without a key it could not be opened since it didn´t have any handles. I managed to open it with a knife, and found a safety deposit box inside. A key to the safe cost Dh 20 (€2) a day.

When I went to bed I discovered that there was a big tear in the sheet. In the morning I pulled the cover off, so that the chambermaid could see it and change the sheet. Oh, no! When I came back to the room, the bed was made, but the sheet hadn´t been changed. Room 111 was on the first floor and facing the street, so it was quite noisy.

The bathroom was filthy. Lots of black hair on the floor, the toilet hadn´t been cleaned in a while and the faucet both in the washbasin and in the tub were dirty. The drain in the tub was plugged and the mirror had gone silvery. Catastrophic for those of us who need to put on make up. The shower was attached to the wall at the hight of my hips. I know I´m taller than most Moroccans, but that was rediculous. The bathroom door would not stay closed, the handle was broken!

When I came back to my room on the second day, the keycard did not work. Had to go down to the reception to have it updated. Went back up to find that it still did´t work. Went down again. This time a guy went up with me, just to discover that it did not work. Did he thing that I was stupid!!!!!!!! On the tird attempt it worked.

The chamber maid had left my balcony door open, so I closed it to turn on the AC. I then discovered that the balcony door could not be locked. I really did not appreciated it since my room was on the first floor and facing the street. Anyone could just climb in. It didn´t seem like Hotel El Harti takes security seriously at all.

On our last day we were leaving at 2 pm and check-out was at noon, so I asked if it was possible to keep the room until 2 pm. Without even checking if the hotel was fully booked, the guy in the reception just snapped at me saying that check-out time was at noon and that I had to be out by that time. Our luggage was just left in the loung unattended. Once again, Hotel El Harti proved that they to not care about security.

Out of 412 hotels in Marrakech, Tripadvisor has rated Hotel El Harti as number 402. I could not agree more. Do not stay at this unfriendly and dirty hotel.

Room rates including breakfast:

The restaurant
Roof terrace
Bar on the roof
sarahsan says:
Thanks for your sympathy Danny! It wasn´t a good experience, but I hope that this review will warn other travelers, so they don´t do the mistake by staying there.
Posted on: May 30, 2011
beetles108 says:
Thanks for the info. and sorry for the bad experience you had in this hotel.
Posted on: May 29, 2011