Hotel Eden

Check Kashgar Hotel Deals

Hotel Eden Kashgar Reviews

Biedjee Biedjee
Truly the best value in Kashgar Jul 16, 2010
This is the place I ended up at the Qinibagh disaster. Better rooms, cheaper price, nicer staff, better value all round!

I will review it as a 18 euro a night place, rather than what it wants to be. I feel sorry for those who stay here and have to pay rackrate (80 bucks and up), since the rooms are not worth it. If you do get a good deal like yours truly (I simply walked in and asked for a room) then this is the best value you can have in Kashgar!

The hotel was brand new when I stayed here. Even the chairs in the room were still wrapped in plastic (and, as I later found out, so were the mattresses).

The amenities are excellent. Basically this is a four-star hotel, so all rooms come with A/C, wired internet, coffee & tea making facilities, flat-screen TV.

Very comfortable (though hard) beds. There are many different types of rooms, which differ in size, layout, bed-type (double, twin, queen-size) and bathroom, so ask to see a few before you accept.

Though the hotel might be brand new, that doesn't mean there weren't any issues with the room. The place is rather shoddily built (true Chinese style?) and I wonder if the building will still exist in ten years time. It was open for only a few months and already falling apart!

In total I stayed in three different rooms during my four-night stay, because the air-conditioning kept on breaking down. One of the rooms had a leaking shower and throughout my stay there was a shortage of cold water. Yes, you read that right, no COLD water!

On the ground floor the hotel has a wonderful Turkish/Chinese restaurant. As this region in China is predominantly Muslim, there is no alcohol served. What they do serve is wonderful coffee as well as nargileh (water pipe). The food is a range of Turkish and Chinese favourites, so if you wish you can have dumplings with your kebab. An interesting combination.

The hotel caters mainly for Chinese tourists, so little English is spoken. In fact, I think there are only two staff members who speak English: one girl at the reception and one of the waiters in the restaurant. But you don't really need it. Everyone is friendly and helpful and will do their best to understand you.

The breakfast buffet consists solely of Chinese food. Three or four warm dishes and an array of cold dishes. If you can't stomach spicy food in the morning your choice will be limited to yoghurt, fruit and cakes (I recommend sampling the fried chanterelle mushrooms with sesame though).

Despite the inconvenience of having to move every second day, this was definitely one of the best places I have stayed at during my entire trip. Highly recommended!
Turkish restaurant on the ground f…
Turkish restaurant on the ground f…
Hotel Eden