Hotel Eden

Check Vernet-les-Bains Hotel Deals

Hotel Eden Vernet-les-Bains Reviews

davidx davidx
Splendid base for the eastern Pyrenees May 16, 2003
When we went to Vernet-les-Bains we had two hotels, the Princess and the Eden, both then Logis de France, in our minds. This was some years ago and therefore you need to check on any information here that might matter. At that time the Princess served meals to the public except on Sundays so on Sundays only the Hotel Eden provided a meal for guests only - and what a meal!

I know we came to the Princess first but I don't remember for the life of me why they suggested we try the Eden. I only know that it was probably the best stay of five days we have ever enjoyed.

We had the choice of a room with limited view or, for a slightly higher price, a rom with a balcony. I am normally a miser about such things but for 5 days the difference seemed important and we never regretted our balcony. te view was just great.

The manageress was so friendly. Summer starts by decree there on 1 June, or at least it seemed that way as the information office could not sell walk booklets or notes on trees in the arboretum village before that date. Since we were there at the very end of May, that could have been a real downer but we were able to borrow the requisite documents from the hotel.

We had some splendid walks there. Some books almost suggest that Vernet-les-Bains is a decadent mountain resort. That is utter rubbish. Have a look at their website http://www.vernet-les-bains.fr/vernet/english.asp. At present the English version is limited but you won't find any decadence now or when it is finished.
Lovely wooded mountains from Hotel…
Near casteils, above Vernet-les-Ba…
Pam on a peak