Hotel Edda Akureyri

Check Akureyri Hotel Deals

Hotel Edda Akureyri Reviews

andytite andytite
I wanted to marry their shower Aug 14, 2007
Ok, so the title looks a little strange, but I can explain. As previously noted in my blog, Akureyri is a little parky at times. And by a little I mean it's so chuffin' cold that you can freeze a perfectly preserved exhibit for the penis museum if you don't take proper underwear precautions.

Having enjoyed the sites of the town, we embarked on the 'Jewels of the North' tour, and as documented were comprehensively soaked and frozen solid in turns.

Upon returning to the Hotel Edda, I viscously grappled my travelling companion to one side and jumped into the wonderous, hot, sulphur smelling, highly pressurised heavenly wonder that was the hotel shower and stayed put until I could feel my extremities and (slightly petulantly) knew I'd made my mate suffer for dragging me to this freezing part of the world. There. That's why I want to marry the shower.

The room we had was a spacious twin, with a little patio outside that we couldn't gain access to as none of our keys worked in the door for some reason (not that you'd want them too, far to cold).

The bed was comfy, if a little small. It had a TV, fridge and all the usual.

We ate in the hotel restaurant one night, (due to the World's Most Northerly Chinese being shut), which cost extra but the food was good - though pricey. Breakfast was very good and included, thank heaven.

After being soaked and frozen by the wonders of the Icelandic scenery, this hotel was a little piece of heaven. Though perhaps circumstances make me remember the shower a bit more fondly than I should!
The hotel - man I loved their eggy…

Hotel Edda Akureyri Overview

Hotel Edda Akureyri is a modern hotel located in the heart of Akureyri, North Iceland, a lovely city known as the capital of the north. This North Iceland hotel makes for an ideal base from which to explore the rugged northern coastline of Iceland, with attractions that include the idyllic Lake Myvatn (only an hour away by car) and Hrisey Island natural reserve and bird sanctuary (just a short ferry ride away). Nearby you will also find the Kjarnaskogur and Vaglaskogur woodlands, as well as top salmon, trout and sea fishing destinations. In early summer, the sight of the sun hovering over the horizon at midnight is unforgettable! Hotel Edda Akureyri is among the oldest group of hotels in Iceland, with decades of experience in providing comfortable refuge for weary travelers from all over the world. This welcoming Akureyri hotel features an outdoor pool and hot tub, on-site restaurant, cafe, and meeting rooms. Please note: the hotel is open from 11 June 2011 to 23 August 2011.

Hotel Edda Amenities

• TV
  • Billiards
  • Hiking
  • Lake
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower
  • En suite
  • Pool Outdoor
  • Free Parking

Related Travel Blogs About Hotel Edda Akureyri

Iceland - loved it
** Edit - one of the earliest TB Blogs I ever did, so not the best, all crammed on the one entry. Have been adding a whole series of reviews though, which are half blog/half review to fill in details…EDDA Hotel at Husivik, but in reallity it turned out to be half way between Husivik and Akureyri. By the time…

Check Akureyri Hotel Deals