Hotel Dwor Karolowka

Check Zakopane Hotel Deals

Hotel Dwor Karolowka Zakopane Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great hotel for the price Aug 04, 2013
In order to find Hotel Dwor Karolowka you have to drive 4 km heading west from Zakopane. The road leading there takes you slowly up the mountain almost up to 900 meters height. The road was narrow but really nice turning and twisting almost all the way until you reach the hotel that is located in the woods just after a corner. It is quite easy to miss it at first until you see the sign and then you have already passed the little road that leads to the hotel.

I was luckily driving quite slowly, because I was looking for the hotel and enjoyed the view. The hotel was located close to the road with a nice little garden in from and some outdoor seating and a fabulous view. There was a huge parking behind the hotel but I choose to park next to the hotel and the stairs that lead to the reception. The hotel was a quite large wooden house, with a lot of angles and a typical mountain design from the area.

I walked up the stairs and entered the hotel and stepped into the wooden house I would have imagined being in the Alps. There was a sweet young woman in the bar who addressed me in fluent English. The check-in went fast and I was given a sheet with house rules and info together with my key to the room that was located on the first floor.

Everything in the house was wooden and quite cozy, and made a quick peek into their restaurant and where they also served the breakfast in the morning and it looked quite nice. I decided straight away that there was a good chance that I would dine in their restaurant later that evening. The hallways were pretty dark and they had sensors in the ceilings to turn the light on but they were kind of slow so there was a tendency that you had to walk some of the distance in the dark.

The reception had given me a real key which is something you see less and less of, The room was not that big, a bit dark and it was quite simple. There was a king size bed that took most of the space in the room, it was pretty low but the mattress was really nice. There was a small desk to sit two persons at: it even had two chairs – like a small dinning table. There was a small drawer with a small flat screen on and not at least a small holder for your bag. The bathroom was nice, it was quite large in size compared to the room but I have always enjoyed large bathrooms. The view from my room was hardly anything to strive after, as I was looking straight into the roof of one the strange angles of the house. It was a neat room where everything worked and I was therefore quite satisfied and especially given the price, that was just around 35 euro.
The hotel
The hotel
The hotel parking
The room
monky says:
Congrats on one more featured review Chris!:)
Chokk says:
Thank you for your congratulations :)
vulindlela says: