Hotel Dunn Inn San Jose

Check San Jose Hotel Deals

Hotel Dunn Inn San Jose Reviews

up4anything901 up4anyth…
i WILL return Jun 27, 2009
my plan was to split my stay in SJO between several hotels. my first stop was Dunn Inn and i couldnt find a reason to leave.

i caught a taxi from the airport. it was about $20USD. i showed up without a reservation and was able to get a room ($60) no problem. breakfast was included. each room had a safe. i dont know if it was large enough to fit a laptop. the rooms are not huge but i cant complain. the hotel was converted from an old mansion. (so says the sign in the lobby). the rooms (at least the two i had) are normal bedroom size. If you're looking for large luxury rooms dont stay here. during cleaning time i walked passed a few open rooms downstairs that were pretty big. still wouldnt call them luxury tho.

i'm not an adventurous eater, but to me the hotel restaurant food was good. seems like shrimp or chicken and rice are staples on the menu in many places.

the taxi driver (from the airport) repeated dont walk around at night. i took this as meaning the whole of the downtown area. taxis are inexpensive. have the front desk call a taxi for you. the company will give them the number of the car they're sending. the doorman/security matches that number against the car that shows up. then they ask where you're going. its like if anything happens they want to know who to go after. i felt really safe. the taxi fare to ave central(shops, restaurants, etc) was 830CRC. give the driver a 1K bill and tell em keep the change. just make sure they use the meter. i posted a picture of the outside of the hotel. the red car parked down the street is in front of the clarion hotel. they have a restaurant (i didnt try it) and casino (small and never crowded). across the street from the clarion is a dance club. pretty decent music but i didnt go in.

all the hotel staff were very helpful to me. there's a big tour book at the front desk. i told the lady a few specifics and she made all the arrangments for me. rental car and 3 tours. they have gated parking on the side of the building. the doorman never had a problem with me leaving the rental by the front door. matter fact he told me to leave it there so he could watch it. the bar girls remembered and greeted me by name. i didnt ask before hand and they charged me 5 or $6 to iron a pant of pants. there are two internet computers in a little room down the hall from the lobby.

from price, to service, to security, to room cleanliness and quality i would definitely stay here again.
beautiful well lit upstairs hallwa…
room 19
room 19
sylviandavid says:
Very nice review....
Posted on: Oct 02, 2009
seanclare seanclare
Great place to stay in San Jose Oct 02, 2009
On previous trips to Costa Rice we have spend our first night near the airport in Alajuela but since we were not renting a car on this trip and needed to stay in San Jose so we could be picked up by Interbus in the morning.

We selected the Dunn Inn based on good reviews along with it's price and location. Check in was fast and friendly. Our room was on the second floor and while small, it was comfortable. The bed and pillows were some of the best I've encountered in Costa Rica. Our room had a small balcony that looked over the street. Previous reviews complained about noise from the street but we thought it was pretty quiet and the only street noise was from the traffic that starts at about 6am. We felt very secure at the hotel as there was always a uniformed security guard at the front door and the room had a safe box that was just large enough to squeeze my laptop inside (15 inch screen). The bar/restaurant was a nice place to hang out and the food was decent. The hotel advertises free wireless Internet but I wasn't able to access it without the security code which the people at the front desk didn't know. There is a room with two computers for guests to use the Internet.

I thought it was a good place to stay and would definitely stay there again.
sylviandavid says:
sounds like a great place.
Posted on: Oct 02, 2009

Hotel Dunn Inn San Jose Overview

Have a Creole architecture understood and adjusted to the wooden constructive technique. Have 26 rooms and is located a few steps of museums, National Theater, Central Market Commercial center banking etc.

Hotel Dunn Inn Amenities