Hotel Du Vin Poole

Hotel Du Vin Poole Reviews

alives alives
Pooles Secret Jun 22, 2010
hey guys!

If u have read about my trip to edinbrough u would heard me mention Hotel Du vin edinbourgh

Well anout 2 months ago i got the Chance to stay in there Poole branch which is only like 15 mintues from my actual house, but i got a nights free stay,Free i hear you cry yep but although i can Assure you there value And Quality for moneys is amazing (although i didnt pay myself)

The evening began with a few drinks in pub just round the corner from the hotel, and As me and my freind wandered down the quay front it was Beautiful, just set back from quay its self was this old Mansion house building( which is what the origianl hotel was called) with its pretty appearance we walked into the building and was met by a stair case of only 8 steps which led to a amazing painting on the wall in front of us,we were checked in by a very nice recptionist and showed the way to our room for the evening ehich felt like a mousr run in the small but tight corrieders, but when reaching the room. Wow i have never seen a bath in middle of hotel room and was shocked to also see a monsoon shower room! i fell i love right away after trying one in a previous hotel! the room was furnished perfectly, after a quick shower and change we made our way to the bar, Now im a simple man when it comes to drinks, but there selection of wines,whiskeys,ports,vodkas and so on was beyond me with there own wine tasting room set aside it was amazing, the bar was set out so you could enjoy it all through out the year and led to a beautiful terrace area looking back at the hotel. we order the drinks and and chilled out in the comfort of knowing our table was waiting for us when ever wanted, about an hour later we decided to see what the menu had to offer, and Walking into the 80 seater bistro complete with open pass kitchen was outta this world, to see the chefs working away whilst the waiters escorted you to your table was really nice. after looking through the menus we ordered ( wont go into details of food As they change menu every two weeks )

but i will say it was one of the best meals i think ive ever had, every think was done to above and beyond my expetions after such a large meal and we walked back into the bar area to be met by some chilled out music and a buzzing atmosphere so we stayed about for another 30 40 mintues before return to the room for a well deserved rest, on what seemed to be a bed that was so comftable i would me tempted to go back and steal it for my own, the recption called as asked at 10am and said breakfast was available till 11, we headed down for some toast and coffee( not a big breakfast fan) but there range on offer was huge from most cooked breakfasts you could think of to a massive buffet of help your self style rangeing with juices, cereal, pastrys, after all this rich food we thought it was time to call it a day at Hdv and checked out

this hotel is amazing having lived so close to it and never tohught about going in well? now im planning another nights stay before i go on my hols! and the cater for weddings and meetings too. i really recommend this hotel to anyone stayin in poole, bournemouth or the dorset area,
Hotels room
View of entrance (High view)
The bistro
The summer terrace
alives says:
Why thank you gpat that was my second review on here :)
Posted on: Jun 22, 2010
Glynnes says:
Nicely written. Thanks for sharing;-D
Posted on: Jun 22, 2010

Hotel Du Vin Poole Overview

In close proximity of Poole Harbour, a popular stopping-off point for yachts and cruisers, Hotel du Vin and Bistro Poole offers 38 bedrooms and suites featuring handsprung mattresses, fine Egyptian linen, deep baths and power showers, an unmissable bistro, two unique events rooms for business or private dining, a well-stocked bar, an outstanding wine cellar and the Bothy Lodge for those cigar lovers. Formerly the Mansion House, Hotel du Vin Poole also houses a fabulous Laroche tasting table for the wine-lover with a partially open courtyard for alfresco dining.

Hotel Du Vin Amenities

• Air Conditioned
  • TV
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower