Hotel Deutsches Haus

Check Swakopmund Hotel Deals

Hotel Deutsches Haus Swakopmund Reviews

WorldXplorer WorldXpl…
Reasonably priced accomodation in Swakopmund Feb 26, 2008
Namibia at some point was a German colony and this recent history can still be felt very strongly in Swakopmund.

Deutsches Haus is the hotel where I used to stay each time I came here on business. It was nearly like a second home to me when I would come to visit Rossing Mine.

It is a reasonably priced and pleasant small hotel located at a walking distance from the town center. Rooms are simple and clean. I would generally stay in the room all the way at the back (#21 if I remember correctly) which is a bit more spacious and with a bathtub. Most of the other rooms only have a shower. One thing that I found a bit annoying in the other rooms was the noisy fan in the bathroom. You could even hear it coming from your neighbor's room.

There is now a new management team and on this recent trip I met the new owners who are very friendly. Prices have gone up quite a bit but they are still reasonable and it follows a general trend which was apparently accelerated here in Swakopmund after the town hosted 2 famous Hollywood stars: Angelina Jolie and Bradd Pit...

There is a closed parking space and they provide a remote to access this area.

Inside the hotel building you will find a small swimming pool and, something important to most TravBuddies, free wireless internet!

I would definitely recommend this hotel.
View from the hotel room

Check Swakopmund Hotel Deals