Hotel Den Wolsack

Hotel Den Wolsack Rates and Deals

Hotel Den Wolsack Mechelen Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice location and close some of the best places in the city Nov 05, 2011
If you are in for some days in the wonderful town of Mechelen Hotel Den Wolsack is a really good place to stay due to its proximity to many of the sites in the city center. The hotel is situated just next to magnificent cathedral and only few meters from the Town Square (Grote Markt). Just around the corner you have a small square with a nice Greek restaurant and the smallest bar of Mechelen. It is also only 300 meters away from the cozy fish market situated at the canal.

The standard of the hotel is fair but far from a luxury hotel. I knew the place from when I was living in Brussels because I used to eat in the restaurant of the hotel. It had been a while since I had been in town and there was a huge construction site in front of the hotel because they were building a large underground parking under the square in front of the hotel. Anyway I managed to squeeze my little rental car in to a small space in front of the hotel.

I entered the hotel without my luggage because I was not sure that my room would be ready because it was only close 1 pm. The receptionist was a sweet girl that spoke English and very fast. I managed to get the room key, which made me quite happy.

I had booked an executive double room at 89 euro, which I had found fair when I booked it. The room was old and a good size and it was really bright with large windows; my windows were facing the inner courtyard of the hotel and the roofs of the surrounding houses. The inside was a bit dull and it was not a room where I said wow; it was far from that. The bed was consisting of two single beds put together and it was quite low. When I sat down in it I found it pretty hard. There was a small desk on the side where one could work from but as I was on a weekend break I didn’t care.

The best thing about the room besides the size was the large double window; which I really enjoyed. The bathroom was nothing special but the shower in the corner of the bathroom was nice.

The hotel had been doing a modernization the last years and they had changed the restaurant area and the entrance, next step might be the rooms – that would be nice. I went down at 10 am to the breakfast but don’t arrive there too late and they will have run out of some of the products. There were all kind of people in the restaurant area and it was quite entertaining. There were some old guys collecting stamps and drinking beer and some girls next to me were enjoying champagne from the morning.

The reception was not manned all the time so when I was checking out I had to ask them in the restaurant to find the sweet girl for me again so I could leave on time.
My bed
The large windows
The desk and flat screen
The hotel
Chokk says:
Thanks Harriet
Posted on: Nov 13, 2011
Africancrab says:
Another great review Christian.
Posted on: Nov 13, 2011

Hotel Den Wolsack Overview

Discover all that Mechelen has to offer with Hotel Den Wolsack as a base. All hotel's guestrooms have all the conveniences expected in a hotel in its class to suit guests' utmost comforts. Each of the hotel's guestrooms offers non smoking rooms, desk, hair dryer, ironing board, television, shower, separate shower and tub, mini bar. This beautiful Mechelen accommodation provides shops, elevator, bar/pub, laundry service/dry cleaning, meeting facilities, restaurant, room service to suit all guests' utmost convenience. The hotel creates a balance of rich culture and modern convinience to ensure you a memorable stay. To book a room easily at the Hotel Den Wolsack, please submit your travel dates and proceed with our secure online booking form.

Hotel Den Wolsack Amenities

• Laundry service
  • Bicycle Rental
  • Excursions
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower