Hotel Dekyid

Town End, Keylong, India

Compare Manali Hotel Rates (9.7km away)

Hotel Dekyid Keylong Reviews

rozer3909 rozer3909
while traveling ladakh Dec 27, 2010
I stayed at the hotel dekyid in july 2010. While the hotel was not expensive. it met all of my expectations. They took care of me when I got altitude sickness on the first day. They set up an excellent guided tour of the surrounding areas and must visit kardang monastery and shashur.

If you are planning to ladakh from Manali - and want something better than a backpacker hotel -this is a great place.

Try some local food fresh organic vegitables and that is the only place from where you can see perfect lady of keylong(shape of lady in snow caped mountain).
edsander edsander
Another disappointment Aug 14, 2008
Hotel Dekyid was another disappointing place we stayed at during our trip from Ladakh to Manali. The misery started when our group leader tried to check in but found that two rooms were missing. Seemingly because of 'miscommunication' with the travel agency they had not booked enough rooms. I doubt if this was the travel agency's fault since we did not encounter this problem anywehere else. As a result we had to wait for an hour for things to be sorted out and eventually four of our travel companions had to stay in a different hotel.

The hotel itself was as dodgy as it gets. The room had worn-out carpeting with complete holes in it and spots where it came loose from the floor. The bathroom had dirty spots and the boiler wasn't working. When I called in somebody to look at it he held his hand under the stream of water and told me it was working fine. Well, I'm not sure about his definition of 'fine' but it never got warm let alone hot.

The hotel seemed to have a 'recommended buffet', which was okay but nothing special. We had asked for an early breakfast the next day but when we arrived in the restaurant nothing whatsoever had been prepared.

To sum it up: I'm not sure about the other hotels in Keylong (they might be even worse) but this certainly wasn't a satisfying experience.
rajanbodh says:
Hey Ed,
I must say you are totally wrong, I had been booked in the same hotel and I found it amongst the best otel in Keylong, I did check with the hotel management of the review I think the whole matter arouse due to the wrong booking done by your travel opertaor, the hotel guys did show me the booking for 12 rooms as against claims of 14 made by you. Do note during festive/season time every room booking counts for the hotels as its only 4 months season for this remote are. I suggest instead of bad mouthing you must check the facts. disgrunt is OK but misleading information to travel buddies is totally wrong. I recommend the place fully and ask any fellow traveller incase he visits Keylong to see for him/herself and suggest a better hotel than Hotel Dekyid in Keylong.
Yes its a remote tribal area of India rich with beauty and culture and yes do not expect five star accomodation in these lands.
Posted on: Sep 03, 2010

Compare Manali Hotel Rates (9.7km away)

Keylong Map