Hotel De Gerstekorrel

Hotel De Gerstekorrel Rates and Deals

Hotel De Gerstekorrel Amsterdam Reviews

Haydenerg Haydenerg
Hotel De Gerstekorrel Amsterdam Jun 11, 2011
This hotel is the only option for me when I want to get the affordable price but I can still be in the heart of Amsterdam, As far as I searched, so this hotel is the lowest price one, if I make comparison among with another hotels around Amsterdam area. Because I knew mostly the closer you are to the centrum so the higher price that you need to pay too for your staying.

I like this hotel so much during my 1 week stay because few reasons, the Staffs are really excellent and friendly, They treated costumers so well and I really like one of the woman who worked in the receptionist, she was way too kind and friendly.

The internet is completely free and very fast and good connection as well, I Was very satisfied.

One thing is unique about this hotel that it doesnt have any lift so then you need to a little bit exercise by going up and down through the stairs, for me it doesnt matter at all, because it is also Exercising My Legs to be strong.

Breakfast is always served directly to the room and you can choose what is the best time that your breakfast want to be delivered to your room ( they will deliver the breakfast exactly be on time, and that is very cool thing )then you Just inform the Receptionist about the timing.

Breakfast is not included the room price, so if you want to get breakfast just ask the receptionist and then you pay a little bit.

The bed is mostly twin bed it is fine though as long as the hotel services are excellent, And one thing I really like about this hotel because they actually provide lots of pillows :-D, as I really need lots of pillow for me when I sleep.

This hotel is in the perfect location that is very nearby to everything, Damrak and Red light district and downtown are only in a short distances like 5 minutes walking.

And around the hotels, there are choices of bar and Resto and also some foods that you can grab around here when you are on your walk, It's a wok noodle ( take away box of noodle ) as one of my favourite and it is located exactly beside this hotel.

So When you plan to visit Amsterdam without thinking of being tired of walking up and down through the stairs then this hotel will be very good choice for you, And also one thing that there is a staff who can help you to bring your lugage up until you room, so at least you dont need to carry your lugage by your self.

So have fun during your stay in Amsterdam and I hope this hotel Review will help you to stay in the heart of Amsterdam.
The Twin Room that I have stayed, …
Inside the De Gerstekorrel Hotel :…
Fuzzbonce Fuzzbonce
Typical Tourist Trap Apr 13, 2011
The Gerstekorrel read as though it was a fully fledged grown-up hotel when I booked via the internet, but actually is just a doorway on a busy street, with the reception squeezed behind other retail outlets and the bedrooms upstairs. The reception staff was friendly even when dealing with my query/complaint. The rooms are accessed by one of the steepest staircases imaginable, and the building is typical of Amsterdam - tall - so don't book this if you are not going to find lugging your suitcases up several flights easy (no lift. The cleanliness in the hotel was of a very good standard, and someone had gone to the trouble of arranging cushions on the bed to make it look attractive, but the room was so small we nick-named it 'the cube' - it was approx 2.5 metres wide, deep and high. I could just squeeze through (I have thin legs!) between the bed and the desk - this would not have been the room for large people because the shower room was probably the smallest I have seen in many years of travelling (I am 57). The worst thing about this hotel was the noise. It is situated on a very busy street with food and drink outlets at ground level, and people partied noisily until after 3.30 am. Whilst I did not object to the sound of happy revellers, I did not get to sleep until after 4 am, only to be woken by the dustmen coming round about 6.30 am. The room cost 161 euros per night without breakfast, and research carried out while I was in Amsterdam revealed I could have stayed in a much nicer place for the same or less money. It was about a 10 minute walk from the main railway station and too difficult to find.

Hotel De Gerstekorrel Overview

Dam Square is located just minutes away from the Hotel De Gerstekorrel. You will also enjoy immediate access to Rembrandt Square, the Van Gogh Museum, the famed Amsterdam canals and much more from this Amsterdam hotel. The Ajax Stadium is also located within walking distance. The hotel is conveniently located to the A10 Ringway and a bicycle rental shop around the corner offers one of the easiest ways to get around the city. The Hotel De Gerstekorrel enjoys a central location for easier travel.

Featuring 32 rooms in several different floor plans, the Hotel De Gerstekorrel offers numerous amenities for your enjoyment. All rooms feature wireless Internet access, private baths, premium TV programming, direct-dial phones and more.

Featuring tremendous proximity to shopping and dining options, the Hotel De Gerstekorrel enjoys a central location in the city of Amsterdam. All rooms have recently been renovated and the staff is multilingual. Central Station is only 5 minutes away on foot, while numerous shopping options and museums are also located nearby.

Hotel De Gerstekorrel Amenities

• Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Ticket Service
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower