Hotel Czarna Róża

Check Torun Hotel Deals

Hotel Czarna Róża Torun Reviews

EmyG EmyG
Black Rose Feb 22, 2016
Only a few streets away from the Torun's Town Hall is located the Czarna Róza hotel where I and my friend stayed. For a taxi from the bus station we paid only 2 euros. The hotel is located next door to the gingerbread museum (where you can bake your own ginger bread) and just around the corner from the main Old Town walls. Lovely Czarna Roza hotel was really a great find.

Its location near the very center of the old town, near to cafe's, restaurants, Copernicus' birth house within 2-3 mins. walk and the market square makes from it a dream place to stay.

It seems to be a family-run place and the owners are very nice. It has 24h reception. The hotel is spotless and full of character. The rooms are maybe very basic but also clean.

We stayed in the new part of the hotel. I heard people complaining about the old part and asking for the change. But I have not seen the old part of the hotel so I can't say nothing about it.

We had a top floor room (4th floor). I need to mark here that there is no lift in the hotel, but for me and my friend is was not a big deal to climb up. However for people with limited mobility it is a problem. The building has several hundreds years old and a lift was not planned few centuries back.The way to the rooms is through spiral stair. Our room was intimate and small. There were three narrow beds in it. Three beds for two people. They were quite short.

Same as the room, the bathroom was small and basic.

Our room had one small window. From the window we could see the surrounding Old Town buildings.

Free Wifi was available and quite fast. Top rooms in some hotels have a problem with that.

Breakfast was included and was fresh and tasty. All one could want. Really huge choice. It was very Polish - like breakfast so huge selection of fresh bread and cheese and ham and veggies. Sausages which were non stop warmed up to not get cold were delicious. Huge choice of salads. Tea, coffee, milk, juices.They make scrambled eggs on request. You can sit inside or out on the terrace. Since it was winter we had really no choice.

There was a garden outside to enjoy as well. However useless in the winter. Wish I stayed here in the summer!

The street on which the hotel is located is very narrow, as you would suspect from a medieval street. I presume it must be hard to find a parking place on it or nearby.

And the roses. As the name says Czarna Róza is Black Rose and you can find roses everywhere in the hotel. I just loved this detail.

What I need to add is that they charge your credit card for your stay like three or two days before your arrival.

There is no storage place. We gave our bags for few hours to the staff and they kept them in the reception.

This hotel is a great value for a very reasonable price. I would highly recommend itl for its comfort, value and superb location.
HORSCHECK says:
Very good and detailed review. Fast WiFi and good Polish breakfast - what more to expect for a reasonable price. Well done.
Posted on: Feb 07, 2017
bensonryan says:
Funny...I wrote a review on a hotel called "White Rose" in Thailand a few years back!
Posted on: Feb 27, 2016
vulindlela says:
I agree on the wifi.
Have had bad wifi in some top hotels, and it was not even free!
Posted on: Feb 22, 2016