Hotel Crystal Amsterdam

Hotel Crystal Amsterdam Rates and Deals

Hotel Crystal Amsterdam Reviews

loveAntoinette loveAnto…
Wear heels while looking at yourself in the mirror above the sink! May 12, 2011
So I know Dutch people are known to be very tall and all but the funniest thing about this hotel was the fact that I couldn't even see my face in front of the sink mirror! I'm only 5'2 and I was barely able to see my forehead. Thank God for that full-length mirror on the closet door! Aside from that whole mirror deal, this hotel is cute and very charming, near Leidseplein (about a 5-10 minute walk) My [private] single room was surprisingly spacious and very clean! The toilet was right outside my room (I had rm#14) and the shower which was right down the hall was very clean as well! I wasn't icked out about having to share the shower facilities since they maintained it very well! The stairs are a whole 'nother issue to deal with.. it's practically similar to climbing up a ladder! Thank God I left my other luggage at the airport and had a medium daypack with me - makes a BIG difference what kind and how much luggage you'll be bringing into this place. The walls are a bit thin and you can almost hear everyone outside your room. Frankly I didn't care; I was only in my room in the wee hours of the night after a full day of excursion/drinking/cycling and all the other good stuff Amsterdam has to offer. Simple, free breakfast was also served: some bread/rolls, ham/salami slices, cheese, hard boiled eggs, juice/coffee/tea. Nothing fancy but enough to hold anyone over until lunch. Since Amsterdam is a bit expensive when it comes to food, I made some sandwiches and packed it in my bag for some snacking/mini picnic in Vondel park.

The only issue I had was their WiFi; since I was on the third floor it was very weak! First you have to get the Username/PW from the front desk and I believe it's only good for 2 hours; after that you have to go back to the front desk and get a new UN/pw. (I guess it's their way of preventing just about anyone from freeloading off the wifi... who knows)

When I comeback to Amsterdam, I'll def come back here!
tommylennie tommylen…
Average Accommodation In Amsterdam May 20, 2010
My first choice for accommodation in Amsterdam, Hotel My Home, was fully booked for the weekend that I planned to visit, so after some hotel hunting I opted for the Hotel Crystal. The hotel is situated a little out of the city centre, but can be reached within 30 minutes if you're walking. If you're lazy or it's raining, then luckily there is a tram stop close to the hotel where you can catch a lift to the centre.

Our double room was very small, with only enough room for the bed and wardrobe, yet was clean and tidy enough for our liking. There were no real amenities included, save for a kettle with complimentary tea and coffee. This didn't bother us too much as we planned to spend the least amount of time possible at the hotel. The shared shower, located right next to our room, was clean and hot water was always available.

We had no problems checking in or whenever we dealt with the reception staff, as they were both friendly and helpful, despite the fact that their English was quite broken. The kitchen staff were equally nice and kept the dining area topped up nicely at breakfast, serving up plenty of toast, ham, cheese and fruit juice. The breakfast was included in the price of the room and was pretty decent.

Despite being a little out of town, Hotel Crystal is located in a quiet, pleasant area with easy access to the city centre. The hotel is quite mediocre but the staff and breakfast are a good factor.

Hotel Crystal Amsterdam Overview

The Hotel Crystal Amsterdam offers budget accommodation in Jordaan, within a 10 minute walk from Melkweg, Holland Casino Amsterdam and Leidseplein Theater. The hotel is set only a short walk away from Byzantium and within a 20 minute walk to the city centre. Amsterdam's attractions, such as DeLaMar Theater, Stadsschouwburg and Paradiso are within an easy walking distance.

The hotel's garden offers tranquillity and peace to sit and relax. Bars and dining options abound when you choose this hotel, nestled in the centre of Amsterdam's famous nigtlife district. In addition to luggage storage and a TV room, the hotel features a ticket service.

Hotel Crystal Amenities

• Garden
  • Photocopier
  • Ticket Service
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower