Hotel Courtyard

Check Kathmandu Hotel Deals

Hotel Courtyard Kathmandu Reviews

emilysams emilysams
Luxury rooms in a beautiful environment Mar 19, 2013
The Courtyard somehow manages to be perfectly chilled and beautifully relaxed, yet centred a throw away from the middle of Thamel in Kathmandu.

The rooms are decorated beautifully, always have hot water and are perfectly spotless.

The owners are wonderfully friendly and there is always someone around for good conversation. I found it a really nice place to meet people, often eccentric characters, but always interesting!

One of the nicer places in Thamel, that avoids the standard backpacker scene, although the price is a large step up from the budget hotels. But, you do get what you pay for.
scottishboy scottish…
Comfortable & Quiet Hotel in Noisy Thamel Mar 10, 2011
I had been living as a volunteer english teacher in the city of Kathmandu, Nepal for 2 months and on my last week i decided to treat myself and my friend to a nice hotel in the city. I searched the net to try and find a little more expensive hotel and came across Hotel Courtyard.

I looked at the photographs on the internet and liked what i seen, so me and my friend decided to go and see for ourselves.

The hotel is a little hidden behind the streets of Thamel, but all we had to do was ask the many rickshaw drivers where " Hotel Courtyard is? ". When we arrived at the main gate, we were welcomed by the hotel security who came and gave us a friendly namaste and let us through the gates. We arrived at around 7PM at night, so it was already very dark. Our first view of the hotel was of a high building with gentle lights.

The forecourt was very beautiful, with a small bridge crossing over a manmade river. We entered the doors to the entrance of the hotel and walked towards reception. There was no one at all in the reception, so we waited for about 2 minutes before someone came down from the stairs. Again, we were welcomed with a friendly namaste.

We told the man we were looking for a room with a double bed for one night. He told us the price would be 4200 Nepali Rupees which is about - £36 $57.

We asked to see the room and he agreed and took us upstairs. The hotel is very big and spacious with a dark orange theme throughout. When we entered the room we noticed at first that it was a little dark and small for the price we were paying. The bed, furniture and everything were all very modern but the room itself wasn't very big. When the man showed us the bathroom he noticed that it had not been cleaned, so he took us to another room.

This was on the floor above. When we entered this room, we were very pleased indeed. The room was bigger than the room we first say. The bed was at an angle in the corner and had very soft sheets and duvet. The room had many lights and lamps and was very bright. The room has a telephone, two comfortable seats and small circle dining table, One large wardrobe, T.V. and DVD player. The hotel also provided us with a Halogen heater which was warmly welcomed as Nepal during January is a little cold.

We then seen the Bathroom which was very clean and sparkling. It had a western style toilet, bath and shower. The hotel provided toilet paper, hairdryer, shampoo, showergel.

We asked the man if there would be hot water to which he replied that yes there is hot water but during the many powercuts ( Load-Shedding) there would be no hot water. This was no fault of the hotel, but of the Nepalese Government.

So my friend and i both felt happy with what we had seen and agreed to pay the cost and stay for the night.

The man gave us our key and left us. My friend and i rested for an hour and then decided to go out into Thamel for some food. The time was about 9PM, so the hotel was quiet. We went to reception and i asked the receptionist if i could charge my ipod using the reception computer. The man agreed and said i could also have free wifi in my bedroom. He wrote down the username and password for me to use later.

When we returned from eating, i collected my ipod and we both went upstairs to sleep. The bed was VERY comfortable. The best nights sleep i have had in Nepal. When we woke the next morning, i decided to see if there was any hot water for a bath. At first the water was freezing cold but after about 3 or 4 mins, the water was boiling hot., But there wasn't enough to full the bath to even half way, so i reccommend to only have a shower if you stay here.

When we went downstairs for breakfast (which was included in the cost), we were very disappointed as we walked into the hotel restaurant expecting to find a cooked breakfast but instead were taken to a table with just cereal and orange juice.

For the price we paid, my friend and i were expecting a little better than this. We ended up checking out early and going outside for breakfast.

Overall, this hotel was a real treat for us. The main highlight was the very comfortable bed but the breakfast did bring the experience down for us a little.
Room in Hotel Courtyard
Front Entrance to hidden Hotel Cou…

Related Travel Blogs About Hotel Courtyard

Off to Nepal!
5/26/07Kakarbhitta is a relatively laid back border town but with a distinctly Nepalese, non-plains India atmosphere.  Raju said he would probably not be able to drive us any further as his lice…Kathmandu. The first picture (not counting the one of me uselessly trying to get wireless internet from the courtyard of our hotel

Check Kathmandu Hotel Deals