Hotel Corona

Check Skopje Hotel Deals

Hotel Corona Skopje Reviews

tj1777 tj1777
Hotel in the center of old town Sep 08, 2014
The hotel has a great location right in the center part of the old town. Hence it is within easy walking distance from all the sights in the center of the old town and not too far from the bridge to crossing over the river to the other and more modern part of Skopje. You would imagine it would be very easy for the taxi driver to find the hotel but it turned out to be quite difficult to find the hotel from the bus station (which is located at the same spot as the train station). But I guess the taxi isn’t supposed to go all the way to the hotel since the main entrance to the hotel is facing the pedestrian street in the old town so the taxi should drop you off somewhere close by and you would have to walk the last fifty meters to the hotel.

We were fortunate and the taxi took us to the back entrance to the hotel. It wasn’t easy for the taxi to get to this entrance he had to look for direction several times. To get to the back door we had to go through some pretty tight alleyways with the taxi. The trip from the bus station only cost 3 Euros so it is well worth just taking a taxi instead of going for a long walk.

The hotel lobby is located at the second floor so we have to walk up the stair to get to the lobby - we get a room right next to the lobby so we were a bit worried it would be noisy at night but that turned out not to be the case the room was indeed pretty quite during the night.

The room is pretty small with not much space at the sides of the bed at least there are some space at the end of the room for storing the luggage. The bed is decorated with towels folded like swans. There is a small window facing out to the back alleyway area which doesn’t give you much of a view. The bathroom is a bit small as well but it is functional and everything is working just fine.

There is a restaurant down at the ground level which serves Turkish inspired food and do not have a license to sell alcohol. We arrived in the early afternoon so we didn’t really want to search very long for a restaurant so we decided to just eat late lunch at the downstairs restaurant. The food was good and the price was reasonable so you can have lunch or dinner at the restaurant if you want. But the location of the hotel in the center of the old times means there are lots of other places to eat within easy walking distance - hence you don’t have to eat at the downstairs place if you prefer to find something different.

I had to catch a very early plane the next day and had already arranged for the taxi driver who took us to the hotel to come and pick me up. He charged 15 Euros for the trip to the airport which the hotel said was the regular price and they could book a taxi for the same price for you if you should need it.
The bed
The bathroom
The television, fridge and aircon
The swans
gingerbatik gingerba…
Great Service Sep 08, 2014
My plan was to stay for one night only at this place since I have other places to visit, but I ended up stayed for two nights at this place. The hotel was pre-booked from booking.com since it was reasonable in price and located right at the old town. It cost €40 per night for two people with breakfast at the restaurant downstairs. It seems the restaurant was owned differently from the hotel since when we goes down to have breakfast at 9 am in the morning, the restaurant actually not open yet and we have to wait a little bit before we were able to get something to eat. The breakfast itself was okay, very simple Turkish bread and omelette with tea or coffee. No fruits unfortunately.

When we check in, the female reception was friendly and speaks English well. We get the room straight away. Our room located at the back of the reception which was not ideal since we can hear people talking and phone ringing when we were in the room. The lobby and the hallway near the reception was a bit smokey and smell cigarette. The room we have is quite small in size – probably around 14 or 15 sqm with en suite bathroom inside. The bathroom itself quite modern with shower glass and looks new hand basin. Towels and other toiletries provided freely. At that time, the hotel was empty and not many people stay there but we did not get any upgrade to a bigger room. When we come back to the room from sigh seeing in the old and new town, one of the light in the room was not working and the room was quite dark. We asked the young male reception to change the light bolt, however after tried a couple of times, it seems he was not able to do it and does not have a proper light bolt and he suggested to move to another bigger room (with 3 single beds) at the other side of the reception. We declined the offer at that stage, since we already had our stuff out from the luggage and does not want to pack and unpack again if move room. Not long after, he come back from the shop with a new light bolt and change the light in our room, which make us much appreciated and seems they try to make good service. At night time it was okay, quiet and we did not hear any noise from other guests at all.

The next day, I decided to stay extra night and the room I was in was available so I do not have to move. Unfortunately no room service when I was there. So the room was not clean and no change of towels either. I asked for extra toilet paper which I get straight away. The strange things was, the second morning when I went down to have breakfast at 8.30 am in the morning, the restaurant still have not open yet even though the restaurant staff was there preparing to open. Since I have to catch my early bus ride, I did not get breakfast at the hotel which is shame since it was prepaid.

However, the staff and manager was very friendly and helpful especially when I need dentist urgently. The manager basically go with me and wait in the dentist office until I get treatment and he also go to the pharmacy to get medicine for me. Thumb up for the service.
the bed
bathroom
the cupboard and desk for televisi…
the hote sign downstair the hotel …

Check Skopje Hotel Deals