Hotel Claremont

189 Toorak Road, South Yarra, Australia

Check South Yarra Hotel Deals

Hotel Claremont South Yarra Reviews

infernoheat infernoh…
Hotel for backpackers but opt for Serviced Apartments if you need extra comfort. Jun 07, 2011
I booked the hotel due to recommendation of a popular travel website. First thing I would like to mention is that hotel is suitable if and only if you are a backpacker and do not want to spend too much. I stayed in hotel for half a day only as I was not very comfortable with the room and shared toilets (to be honest I kind of freaked out as I was expecting better facilities), but the staff at reception was very good and suggested me to stay in their serviced apartments and the building was just 5 mins away. His suggestion was definitely very good, I upgraded to serviced apartments and I enjoyed staying there a lot.

HOTEL REVIEW:

1. Hotel Condition:

The hotel building is quite old and THERE IS NO LIFT. The hotel is good if you do not have big luggages. I had a medium sized luggage and I had to do a bit of exercise to drag it to second floor.

2. Room conditions:

The room I got did not have Air-conditioner and if you are traveling during summer, please decide only if you are fine with ceiling fans. My room was towards the main road and had a big window. It gave me a fantastic view and there was decent light due to that.

3. Toilet(s):

Keep in mind that there are shared toilets which might not be clean all the time.

REVIEW FOR SERVICED APARTMENTS (OWNED BY HOTEL):

1. Apartment Condition:

Apartment is situated quite close to hotel (just 5-7 minutes away from it). However, there are no lifts and I stayed at third floor, but apartment was quite nice and clean so I enjoyed my time there. It had bedroom, one living room + little kitchen area and a decent sized bathroom. There was a little balcony near to living room. Apartment had ample light in all rooms (including kitchen area). Kitchen was equipped with all essential items (gas, refrigerator, kettle, utensils) so if you want you can even cook. It had tv and phone as well. Apartment was in a quiet neighbourhood.

2. Services:

Services were excellent and a maid came in the morning to clean the place and change the sheets daily.

Neighbourhood:

It is situated in a nice neighbourhood and you can walk around. There are good restaurants near by.

Location:

Though it is close to South Yara Metro Station, however, it is far from City area. You will have to take the train to go to City area. For me it was not of a big issue though.

Other facilities:

1. Breakfast is included in the cost so it is quite decent choice for backpackers. (Even if you are staying in Serviced Apartments you can go to hotel for free breakfast).

2. There is lot of information available for trips/tours in hotel.

3. Internet is free.

4. If you have already checked out, but still have time you can keep your luggages in hotel and roam around.

I highly recommend serviced apartments if you can spend a bit of more money, otherwise expect only basic facilities from the hotel.

Check South Yarra Hotel Deals