Hotel Chuo Oasis Osaka

Hotel Chuo Oasis Osaka Rates and Deals

Hotel Chuo Oasis Osaka Reviews

trippin_jen trippin_…
Hotel Chuo Oasis Osaka Apr 08, 2014
I knew the hotels in this area are cheap because it's an old quarters for the homeless. However, due to budget constrains, and based on the pictures on their website, I've decided to stay here anyway.

Finding this place was not difficult at all. They have good instructions on their website and is extremely close the train stations. It's also walking distance to amenities like family marts, hot spring, and only a short walk to Shinsekai.

When I arrived at this place, I was impressed with its reception which looked like a 3-4 star hotel. Reception speaks good English and was very polite and helpful.

The common area is big and comfortable. They have many lockers provided, a meeting table, a comfortable sofa set with huge plat screen TV, a few computers, and a small kitchen area. I believe this is also were breakfast is provided. When I was there, there were a few business people having meetings, so it gave me a good impression.

The room is small, but good enough. The bed was ok. There's a TV with good reception, a makeup table and even hair dryer. They have limited power sockets though. There's a bathtub in the bathroom but overall it was small. Toiletries are provided generously.

Hangers are provided and clothes are to be hung against the wall. No cupboard provided. Toothbrush, razors, shower caps as such are provided for free at the reception. Bottled water is also provided upon check in. Bicycles can be rented for free, but had to be returned by 6pm.

With only one night stay there, I encountered 3 staffs. 2 were really nice and polite, but one younger one was, I feel, quite arrogant. When I told him that the wifi was not working well, he first defended by saying "The connection should be very good", but finally said "If you say it's not, then I'll check it". When I asked if I could find a nearby pharmacy, he directed me to Shinsekai, which I refused after my incident with the stalker (mentioned in my other blog on Osaka). Instead of asking if I was alright, he said "It's a tourist area, it's safe and shouldn't be dangerous". I didn't want to further continue the conversation with him.

Overall, the hotel is not bad, but for solo female travelers, probably it's best to think twice.
trippin_jen says:
It's very near the Raizan and Tayo.. the few popular cheap hotels..
Posted on: Apr 10, 2014
yasuyo says:
That's good deal! I thought 25USD per night is cheapest one! I'll keep this hotel in my mind;)
Posted on: Apr 10, 2014
mnta mnta
Budget business hotel provides all basic needs Jan 25, 2014
This is a budget business hotel and seems to have some links to HostelWorld, there are HostelWorld stickers around the hotel lobby.

The hotel is located close to JR Shinimamiya station about 5~7 mins walk. I arrived at Kansai Airport in the afternoon and takes the Shinkansen to Tennoji station, then local train service to Shinimamiya. It takes about an hour (if my memory services me well). There isn't any meaningful signs to locate the hotel, so my advice would be to have a copy of local map and exit from east station exit then head south. I left the wrong exit on the first day, and took me a while to get there. I was using Google Map to navigate to the hotel but AGPS is not accurate in many places in Osaka (maybe due to buildings interference), so don't rely on it entirely. The hotel is located within an old suburb, and seems to be an elderly residential area. The area is dark and not many pedestrians at night, even it is general safe in Japan but you may want to be cautious especially if you are female.

Room is tiny as expected, but sufficient for sleeping only. The room contains, bed and pillow (obviously), ~21" TV (don't switch to analog channel if you have kids or kidult with you ;-), individual air con, air filter, hair dryer, super tiny private bathroom with toilet. There are two things I dislike about the room; firstly, the toilet is really small, and the toilet seat and toilet bowl does not align. Secondly, the building has decorative bright neon light installed around the building, and the curtain does not cover the window completely. It can be annoying if you are sensitive to light like me.

I stayed in this hotel from 21 Feb to 24 Feb 2014.
ellechic ellechic
Affordable hostel/hotel by the metro Oct 01, 2010
Great location - only 1-2 block away from the Shin-Imamiya and Dōbutsuenmae stations.

Lobby is nice and elegant. Great and helpful staff.

Clean and affordable rooms.

Private room very affordable - less than 3,300yen(~$35)night with fridge, tv, internet, and private bath. Small but typical Japanese room.
otel Chuo Oasis, Shin-Imamiya, Osa…
Hotel Chuo Oasis, Shin-Imamiya, Os…
Hotel Chuo Oasis, Shin-Imamiya, Os…
otel Chuo Oasis, Shin-Imamiya, Osa…
jetsettnfam jetsettn…
Best budget hotel even for families Dec 11, 2009
We stayed at Hotel Chuo Oasis Osaka for 8 nights. We researched so many hotels, hostels and ryokans in Osaka and this was the cheapest for a family of three. Not only was it priced really well (by Japanese prices) but it was a really great room. It was large (by Japanese hotel room standards), had a nice modern bathroom and really comfy blankets! We booked a tatami room which was great for our 5month old baby to crawl around on and gave us the opportunity to experience sleeping on futon.

The location is really close to the subway and JR rail.And, while you can take train into the shopping and sightseeing areas (shinsaibashi, dotombori, osaka castle etc) we found that the hotel is actually close enough to most of these places that you can walk (not to osaka castle though) Tennoji Zoo is just around the corner (pretty much) which is popular with families.

We even found the area to be nice. Some people say it's kinda shady but I (aussie female, 23) have lived in Japan when I was a teenager and I've been to way shadier areas. We felt really safe and everyone was really friendly (even complete strangers) Cheap food and drinks are at the familymart and 100yen shop across the road from the hotel.

Hotel Chou Oasis offers free internet, kitchen facilities, coin-operated washing machines and driers and there are drink vending machines inside and outside. A quick breakfast of 2breads and soup is available for 200yen, which along with free tea and coffee is enough to get you started for the day.

Room cleaning must be requested if you want it and isn't available everyday. We didn't find that a problem but some people do. The location of the hotel isn't that easiy to find if you go off google maps, like I did, but if you get lost, just ask a local. They might point you to Hotel Chou, but then the staff there will show you where Chou Oasis is (only 2 streets away. Our advice is (if you take the subway) get off at Dobutsuen-mae and go out exit 4. The hotel is to the left, down the street that is pretty much opposite Familymart

The hotel staff speak English and are very helpful and friendly.The will always send you off with a itarashai and welcome you back with a an o-kaerinasai. And smiles!!

We really enjoyed our stay at this Hotel and will be recommending it to our friends. We will definately stay there again.

Hotel Chuo Oasis Amenities