Hotel Central

2767-6890 or 506-709-6890

Hotel Central Cariari Reviews

Paulovic Paulovic
Stay for the night when ended up in Cariari Apr 21, 2009
This very simple hotel with a few rooms and two shared showers, is good to stay for one night if you end up in Cariari at the end of the afternoon on your way to Tortuguero. Actually it's almost the only option to stay over for the night. Maybe there's one other hotel in the village.

The owner is famous in the village and a friendly old woman who had the time to chat with me for a while. This village is not touristic and the only people who sleep here, are people on the way to Tortuguero that arrive in the end of the afternoon when there are no boats anymore to Tortuguero.

Of the two showers there was only one where water came out at the time I was there. It's all a bit ald fashion and it needs some maintenance. But for the rest it's a good place to stay for about 12 hours. (Just because the next day the bus will leave at 6 am). The room were I slept was very simple with a bed, a chair and an old television. The walls in the room are painted light green which gave it all a very friendly look. From the corridor you could get on a balcony from where you could over look the street.

This Hotel Central is named so because of its location. It's more or less on a central point in the village, the street where it is located at is the main street of Cariari. Across the street is the bus station.

It's not the best hotel to stay in, but if you end up in this village it's ok. But try to avoid it.

Related Travel Blogs About Hotel Central

From Pacific to Caribbean Sea
After having a relaxing day in Quepos yesterday, today my travels continued. My next destination planned would be Tortuguero. In the morning I took the bus to San José, where I arrived at the …Cariari, Hotel Central, for people who end up here. Cariari is a little village somewhere between San José and the Caribbean…
Exploring the rainforest in Tortuguero
Today started very early. I had to catch the bus from Cariari to La Pavona at 6 am accross the street. After a quick breakfast at the busstation, the bus left. La Pavona was an one hou…Hotel Central in Cariari told us (the French couple and me) about him and asked us if we wanted him as tourguide…
Hotel Central Map