Hotel Centra Riga

Check Riga Hotel Deals

Hotel Centra Riga Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice hotel in a vibrant part of town Mar 08, 2013
I was a little uneasy about this place when I booked it, not because I wasn’t expecting something good but mostly because the price of the hotel rooms changed all the times. When I surfed for hotels in Riga this hotel came out as one of my favorites at my first search and that was also the reason for my early booking. It was stated in the reviews that it was located quite near to the most party-like area in the old town. Even the price was right and the reviews from earlier guests that had traveled alone gave it a good feedback.

I had picked up my rental car in the airport and drove in to the hotel to check in. Parking in the inner city turned out to be less easy than I expected but I found a space near the hotel and went in to the reception to check in. The first the guy in the reception was that I could not park there because I would get fines there. He told me that the hotel had a parking basement a couple of hundred meters away so I booked a space there. I was heading out of town, I just wanted to check in to my room, so I would park there later that day.

The hotel was located on a corner surrounded by bars so I expected that there would be some noise during the evening and I was right it turned out. On the other hand there were loads of places to hang out as soon as I decided to return to the hotel. The first impression of the hotel was quite positive, the lobby area looked like a very modern hotel, far from the impression of the hotel from outside, where it looked like it was approximately 60 - 80 years old. They receptionist found quickly my booking and I was given a room on the 2nd floor. There was a small elevator taking my up there.

The room was large but seemed a bit gloomy due to the curtains when I entered. There was a large king size bed around the corner. There was also a white leather sofa along the wall and a small desk on the opposite wall. In the ceiling there was a modern Italian double lamp. The room was nice in size but the design was not the best; it was kind of mix. The bathroom was on the other side quite nice and in a nice design with dark brown tiles. It had also a nice size.

The hall in front of my room was quite dark and was in contrast with the open and very bright reception area. The hotel was nice, but I later found out that the quarter was quite noisy. I did not mind it that much but I guess that it could be irritating for some persons. If you are noise sensitive I would recommend that you book a room high in the hotel and towards the backyard and stay away from the street.
The hallway
The room
The bathroom
The bathroom
jupp jupp
Very nice hotel in center of Riga Mar 13, 2009
Modern and stylish hotel in the old town of Riga, if you step out of the hotel you walk into the old town. There are some bars and pubs in the street which makes it a noisy location during the weekend. But beside that the hotel offers a great location for a very fair price.

The room was great, clean and large (except for the bathroom, which was very small). Breakfast was good as well, not a very large variety in food but the basics where there (bread, yoghurt, cornflakes) and they even offered champagne. The staff at the reception was okay, did what they had to do but didn't seem to enjoy their job.
hotelcis hotelcis
Perfect accomodation in Riga Nov 09, 2008
PERFECT hotel for a stay in Riga

central location, nice stuff, plentiful breakfast, modern and clean rooms with everything you need, great value for price!

Hotel Centra Riga Overview

The hotel's lobby, which oozes style, sets the tone for the contemporary feel of this five story hotel. The hotel's building dates from 1884. The hotel opened in 2000. This hotel offers you a seductive blend of the old and the new, providing stylishly furnished, contemporary rooms in a historic building in the heart of Riga's old town. Though the hotel's charming exterior remains untouched the interior has been completely renovated, providing 27 contemporary rooms. The hotel offers you fantastic views of the old town and the chance to explore the city's historical sights on foot. Located on the cobbled streets of Riga's old town within easy walking distance of Dome Square. Central 12 kms to the nearest airport (riga) 1 km to the nearest station (bus and train) 5 minute walk to the nearest bus stop

Hotel Centra Amenities

• Laundry service
  • Excursions
  • Desk
  • Exhibit Space
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes