Average rate: $106 - Hotel class: 4 stars

Hotel Cattaro Rates and Deals

Hotel Cattaro Kotor Reviews

Chokk Chokk
It had everything but let me down Aug 07, 2013
I had some difficulties in finding Hotel Cattaro, mainly because I didn’t think, because I knew that the hotel was located at Stari grad 232, but I forgot to think what Stari Grad meant because then I would have found it a lot earlier. I had booked the hotel only 20 minutes prior to my arrival in a totally packed Kotor. I had been in there a couple of times before and I knew it would be difficult to find a parking space for my car, but this was quite insane. I actually wanted to stay at one of the hotels that I stayed at earlier, but it was all sold out.

I was tired when I finally found a space for the car and the harbor. I walked into the city with and idea about where the hotel was located but after asking for direction in a shop I got a whole lot wiser and finally found the hotel. The hotel lobby was quite impressive and so was the location.

No doubt that the location is amazing and the ambitions are really high of this hotel. I arrived as the last guest that evening and I was given a fabulous 2-room apartment facing the main square. The rooms very really nice and with I had room with a nice sofa group and chairs and an ambitious bathroom with jacuzzi. All this would have been totally perfect is it hadn't been for some small things.

I don't mind street noise it is quite normal when you stay smack down in the middle but I know others have it differently that’s why I mention it. My bathroom looked nice but the jacuzzi didn't work because there was no power on the water and it impossible to adjust the temperature. The room was located on a store without elevator, which can be a problem for some.

BUT the location is awesome - close to everything in Kotor and in the back of the long hall to my room there was a nice long balcony facing the cruise ships.
bi3003 bi3003
(Too) close to the action in Kotor! Sep 13, 2009
Hotel Catarro is in a prime location on the main square of the historic town of Kotor - just don't plan on any early nights.

The hotel was recently opened (2006) as a conversion from a Napoleonic theatre and an old Venetian palace. You can eat breakfast on a small terrace with a fabulous view over the town square and mountains behind, or in the rather grander surroundings of the main restaurant. Although the outside retains the original character of the buildings, the inside has been extensively refurbished. It is decorated to a good standard and well maintained, but the decor feels a little artificial and heavy, and any original features have been lost.

A double room was spacious and long - most rooms are in the old palace that faces the square and the building itself is quite narrow. One oddity was that the large television was placed on the wall at right angles to the bed - not ideal for a habitual bedtime TV watcher. The bathroom was well fitted out and convenient, with the exception of rather low water pressure - which is possibly the same for other hotels in the old town.

The breakfast included with the nightly rate was good and the terrace is definitely the place to eat if you can. The reception staff were also helpful in English.

Guests should be aware that the squares of Kotor have an active bar culture, in which music is played as loudly as possible in an apparent effort to attract guests. During the week, bars are supposed to close around 11pm, and at weekends 1am. In the main square, a nightclub situated adjacent to the hotel is not audible, but the guests are as they emerge throughout the early hours of the morning. The windows of the hotel do not reduce the noise significantly, so if you are a light sleeper or want an early night, think carefully before staying anywhere near one of Kotor's squares. This would also apply to several other hotels in the centre of the old town.
Chokk says:
I stayed the same place - it was quite noise from the action at the square
Posted on: Jun 06, 2014

Hotel Cattaro Overview

The Hotel Cattaro is located in Kotor making it one of the best hotels to stay at while in town. The Hotel Cattaro boasts a convenient location with modern amenities in every guestroom and superb service. Each guestroom is fully equipped with non smoking rooms, air conditioning, daily newspaper, in room safe, television, bathtub. This Kotor accommodation contains all of the facilities and conveniences you would expect from a hotel in its class. In addition, the hotel's guests can enjoy the leisure and sports facilities provided on the premises: gym. The hotel provides a warm and welcoming service of international standard. For your reservation at the Hotel Cattaro Kotor, please select your dates of stay and fill in our secure online booking form.

Hotel Cattaro Amenities