Hotel Casa Grande

7720772

Hotel Casa Grande Comayagua Reviews

idontfitinabox idontfit…
Great place to stay Jan 15, 2012
I found this place by searching hotels in my Lonely Planet book to Honduras and the Bay Islands.

Having lived in Spain for many years, when I read this had a courtyard I immediately picked up the phone and made a booking.

This hotel was easy enough to find but don't arrive after dark if you can help it. We drove straight passed it and had to ask a local to point us in the right direction.

Our navigational skills aside this is a little gem. The hotel offers secure parking for cars and the security is solid.

The rooms are beautifully kept and spotless. It's location to bars and restaurants could not be better. And for the price it was an excellent pick.

The room was beautifully decorated and furnished, the bathroom was well equipped and the shower was hot and fully functional.

After a tiresome journey we did not want to rush out again finding a restaurant and so decided to eat at the hotel.

Whilst the food was typical Honduran fare (Plato Typico), I was a little surprised when our room phone rang and we were told our dinner is ready.

Why? Because although we said we wanted dinner its customary to be seated and you make a choice from the menu. The meal was nice nonetheless but not what one expected.

So if your reading this definitely stay at this hotel you will not find better near by. However venture out a few streets beyond and you'll find a decent restaurant with menus to choose from.

We relaxed with a couple bottles of good red wine which made for a good nights sleep. The courtyard is inviting and reminded me so much of Spain.

An excellent find and well worth a stay. Enjoy!
Hotel Casa Grande
Courtyard Waterfall
Courtyard1
Courtyard2
Glynnes says:
Nice photos! Thanks for sharing....
Posted on: Jun 22, 2012