Hotel Brisas Del Lago

Hotel Brisas Del Lago Reviews

idontfitinabox idontfit…
OK for one night only Jan 13, 2012
I cannot say that I was impressed with this hotel, however we were without a bed for the night after a long drive from Tegucigalpa and a warm bed was the order of the day.

We arrived around 9pm hungry and tired, needing somewhere to lay our heads. The hotel was accommodating enough and we just made it in time for dinner.

The food was typical Honduran fare, so no complaints there. The room was large, with a terrace and air conditioning.

I awoke to great views of the gardens, swimming pool and Lago de Yojoa (Yojoa Lake). After breakfast we walked the grounds, took in some great views and packed to find another hotel.

Now if your staying for a short overnight stay there is nothing wrong with this hotel. However I would be disappointed if I stayed any longer.

It's best asset is the gardens, pool and views, however having said that, this did not float my boat. At no stage did I think I'll stay put, instead I was adamant that I wanted to check out and move on.

Maybe because there so few guests it gave the hotel an airy feeling. The room although large and clean, looked shabby.

The bathroom had a musky smell either from non use or damp. To be fair I couldn't put my finger on it. The hall way looked mucky and the restaurant had that old school cinema feel.

This hotel is in an ideal location the grounds were much better than the accommodation, so if you need to be close to Pulhapanzak Waterfall then this will do, but I emphasize, it will do.

In conclusion if you find yourself stuck then I'm sure there are worse hotels to stay in. However when I compare this hotel to Casa Grande in Comayagua. I paid the same price yet Casa Grande was like a 4* accommodation and this was 2* at best. Therefore this was expensive for what it offers.
Rear facade