Hotel Benito

Hotel Benito Rates and Deals

Hotel Benito Reviews

shai0317 shai0317
Benito Hotel Dec 24, 2008
A year ago, my friends and i went to HK for the 1st time. It was a spur of the moment decision since the original plans were to go to Shanghai but we opted to go to HK instead. Since it was a last minute decision, we didn't have an itinerary nor did we have a hotel to begin with. Haha. So we had to call the Consulate to assist us. They picked us up and from there we found this trendy boutique hotel which I actually fell in love with.

We booked a standard double room and found it big enough for our needs. The bathroom was quite lovely! You see, I have this thing for bathrooms. I have to always make sure that the hotel that I'll be staying should have large mirrors and bright lights (not that i'm vain but I had a terrible experience while I was travelling to Alexandria).

The hotel is new and very clean. Great location. It is virtually outside exit B2 of the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR station and a 5 minute walk away from the A21 Airbus stop. Star Ferry terminal and the waterfront it is about 10-15 minute walk. The front desk ladies were also very helpful and friendly although they spoke minimal English.

For the price and location it is an excellent choice and I will recommend it to friends who are visiting HK.
lis_lis lis_lis
Jan 29, 2008
A brand new boutique hotel tucked within the side streets of Tsim Sha Tsui, my sister stumbled upon it while staying at a friend's place nearby. Their rates at the moment are great and was $600HK a night while I stayed there in December. However, they are raising it by $100 each month until March when the rate will then be $900/night. I found the stay very enjoyable and the staff friendly and accommodating, but young. Their English was limited and the one girl who spoke English well did not know how to get anywhere, having just returned from her studies in the UK. They were also not very knowledgeable and did not know what couriers were (they thought that only Japan had this service.) But besides all that, they tried their best to help answer questions and were always very polite.

The contemporary designed rooms are small but very clean. All the rooms are the same price so is better worth to get a twin room (with 2 beds) since it is larger than the rooms with double-sized beds. Washrooms are decent sized with a good size shower stall. We found our rooms were made everyday, the complimentary bottles of waters were always replaced and the fruit bowl replenished. The hotel was still going thru renovation while we were there so additional to the double and twin rooms, there will be family sized rooms and a lounge area w/ complimentary internet use.

The location of the hotel is excellent. It is right beside a MTR station and very close to the harbour. There are endless amounts of restaurants to choose from just outside the hotel. It is steps away from the popular Nathan Road (1/2 a block) for brand name shopping and there are also many funky local boutiques scattered around nearby that stay open past midnight. The TST bar/lounge area that draws many tourists is just a couple blocks away. It is a great alternative to the Kowloon Hotel and YMCA Salisbury nearby since it has all the hustle and bustle of Hong Kong life right at its doorstep.

I noticed while paying that there were no additional service charges for the rooms, the rates that they've posted were flat rates. If the prices don't get higher than proposed for March, then this hotel is definitely a well worth stay.

*note: because this hotel is still so new not a lot of taxi drivers have heard of it, so be sure to have the address written down for them just in case.
iseestars says:
Hihi!
I am intending to travel to Hong Kong as well..am reading about the hotel you reviewed! Very helpful! Thanks~
Posted on: Apr 12, 2009
sweetnchoco says:
Hi!
Thanks for sharing your experience during your stay in Hongkong specially the Hotel where you were stayed. it helps a lot for my hotel hunting for my Mom. thanks a lot!
Posted on: Apr 03, 2009