Hotel Balkan Orient Express

Check Belgrade Hotel Deals

Hotel Balkan Orient Express Belgrade Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice hotel and great location Aug 17, 2013
Hotel Balkan Orient Express was not my first hotel choice in Belgrade but since the location of the hotel was almost the same as my preferred hotel I decided to book it. My favorite hotel in Belgrad was actually located across the street and in the end I was quite happy with it anyway.

We arrived at the hotel much later than I had hoped because I wanted to enjoy some of the afternoon in one of the cities in Eastern Europe that I really like. It had been a long and wonderful drive, starting my journey in the middle of Romania and following the Danube along the border between Serbia and Romania for almost 150 km.

When I booked the hotel I had written to them that I wanted a parking space for my car and they had written back that they could not guarantee one for me but if there were space it was for free. I was therefore worried about this since we arrived in Belgrade so late but luckily there was one spot left just on front of the hotel. I parked the car and my friends and I walked into the reception where the wonderful and quite beautiful receptionist was quite busy with loads of people checking in this evening. She was very organized and she had already prepared the papers.

My friends and I were all given corner rooms facing the beautiful Hotel Moskva. We actually had 3 rooms on top of each other, which I found quite funny. The room were quite nice and in a strange way both small and spacious. i entered the room through a small hallway with access to the bathroom and then I almost had to step over the bed to get in to the rest of the room that turned out to be quite spacious with the European king size bed as a centerpiece together with a desk in the corner and a chair. The room was quite modern in a low-key design, but everything was and it all worked.

The bed was really nice and one thing that I really liked was the power jack for my computer and phones next to the bed. This is actually something that I experience too seldom. The bathroom was okay but there was not much power on the water. When I mentioned it in the reception I was told that it was a normal issue during the summer in the high parts of town.

The persons that were working in the hotel were at all time very service minded and it was a good experience to interact with them. They were very helpful in the reception with maps and checking out opening hours for the different sites. The price of the hotel was fair given the time of year and the location, I would actually be happy to stay at this hotel again. The hotel also arranges pick up and delivery in the airport, which can come in handy, and from what I could see they were also fair priced.
The hotel entrance
The room
The view from my room - my favorit…
The room