Hotel Balima

Check Rabat Hotel Deals

Hotel Balima Rabat Reviews

Melissa-D Melissa-D
Terrible hotel - avoid at alll costs! Jan 01, 2011
A smelly backpackers hostel in Paris, a sleeping train through Africa with no air-conditioning, sleeping on a 14 hour coach journey through Europe - all places I've spent the night during my travels and would choose over this dive any day! The hotel itself is ok - it is basic, but at £30 a night, what else can you expect? There is no television or airconditioning in the room, no lighting and the decor is extremely outdated, but at least it was clean which is the main thing.

It was the location that made our stay so unbearable. My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights during our backpacking trip through Morocco. At first glance the location seems perfect - directly across the road from the train station and only a ten minute walk from the main attractions in Rabat, but the area itself is extremely seedy. There are two huge bodyguards on the door and the receptionists lock the door whenever a guest leaves.. you have to ring a doorbell to get in and it's no surprise as to why. There are many groups of men just hanging around in the street and at night time it gets particularly creepy. Every night there were riot-esque fights going on outside our window.. literally groups of around 20 men fighting and arguing for hours until around 6am.. jumping on cars and punching women, we actually couldn't believe what we were seeing! At one point the police came along but they didn't make any attempt to stop the fighting or arrest anyone, they simply warned the people and then drove off! Inside the hotel we could hear men shouting and arguing at all hours of the night, horrible experience! I didn't get a decent nights sleep for our entire stay and we actually pushed the end table in our room against the door because it was so creepy! Avoid at all costs! You may have to pay a couple of pounds more for a better hotel but it will definately be worth it!

Check Rabat Hotel Deals