Hotel Au New York Nancy

Hotel Au New York Nancy Rates and Deals

Hotel Au New York Nancy Reviews

planxty planxty
You get what you pay for. Apr 26, 2017
I arrived in Nancy early in the evening and headed straight for my hotel, the New York, which was about half a mile from the station. This was OK for me as I was travelling very light but it would be a bit of a trek with heavy luggage. It was just as well I arrived when I did as the reception keeps very erratic hours but do not ask me exactly what they are as there are two signs displayed in the front windows showing different times and the website, which I have attached purely out of interest, is dated 2010 and therefore of limited use if any. Entry at other times is by means of access code.

The receptionist was friendly and efficient and directed me to my room which entailed lugging the case up the stairs as there is no lift which may present a problem for the mobility impaired as I do not know if there is an accessible room on the ground floor and anyway there are a couple of steps up to the front door. Again, I do not know if there is a separate mobility accessible entrance. I subsequently found out that I was lucky that I had found the receptionist as I very rarely saw one there even during whatever the opening hours were supposed to be.

I had booked the room on the basis of price and location and it was about what I would have expected in this area at €55 per night for an ensuite single occupancy although it was actually a double room so that meant that the comfy bed was big enough for me as I am tall. The ensuite was a shower which produced plenty of hot water at a reasonable pressure on demand and the wifi had a reasonable signal so all in all the room was fine. It was pretty basic but clean enough. The only slight problem was that it was to the front which did lead to a little road noise in the evenings as this is a very lively street and this leads me on to my next point.

The hotel is situated in an area that is very predominantly immigrant and contains many ethnic restaurants and shops which suits me fine. The only reason I mention this is that there are usually groups of young men standing about on street corners and behaving in a fashion that some people might find intimidating. I must admit I liked the vibe round the area and it was easy walking distance to the centre and the main sights but I feel it only fair to point it out.

I had only booked in for a couple of nights but I rather fell in love with Nancy and as the hotel was adequate I just stayed on there. I didn't even have to change rooms.

I was on a room only basis so did not try the dining room which appears to be the only communal area, there is certainly nothing in the way of a bar or lounge that I could see.

As always, you get what you pay for and I was pleased with the price as I do not need too much in the way of frills.
Basic but clean.
A comfy bed big enough for me.
Clean and tidy.
Small but functional.
planxty says:
It was fine for me, I don't need much in the way of frills. Yes, the noise could have been a problem for some people.
Posted on: Dec 11, 2017
german_eagle says:
Looks like it has everything you needed. Probably a bit too noisy for me (I'm a light sleeper).
Posted on: Dec 10, 2017

Hotel Au New York Nancy Overview

Discover all that Nancy has to offer with Hotel Au New York as a base. All hotel's guestrooms have all the conveniences expected in a hotel in its class to suit guests' utmost comforts. In-room facilities include shower, non smoking rooms, separate shower and tub, satellite/cable TV.Hotel facilities offered at this Nancy accommodation include business center, shops. Being one of the good quality hotels in Nancy, guests staying at this hotel will find its convenient location and tranquil atmosphere pleasurable. For your reservation at the Hotel Au New York Nancy, please enter your preferred visit dates and follow our secure online booking form.

Hotel Au New York Amenities