Hotel Atlantico Madrid

Hotel Atlantico Madrid Rates and Deals

Hotel Atlantico Madrid Reviews

SurferTarifa SurferTa…
BEST WESTERN Atlantico Jun 11, 2011
Un hotel excelente, muy bien ubicado, limpio, el personal de servicio muy atento. El hotel esta estrategicamente ubicado en gran via una de las vías mas importantes de Madrid, cerca de todo caminando y a unos pocos pasos del subterraneo y los buses turisticos. Con solo salir ya estas rodeado de tiendas, restaurantes, sitios historicos y demas. Lo volvería a elegir sin duda en un proximo viaje a Madrid.
coolboykaps coolboyk…
Hotel Atlántico - Madrid, Spain Apr 04, 2010
This is my first review on TravBuddy. I hope this review and future write-ups are found useful for your travel needs.

Best Western Hotel Atlántico

Calle Gran Vía, 38

28013 Madrid, Spain

Let me first start out by clearly identifying a simple fact that when it comes to traveling, I prefer to stay in hotels, and I'm extremely particular about my stay. I agree on thoughts that one does not necessarily spend much time in hotel rooms as you travel, but after tiring yourself from exploring outside world, one needs to be relaxed on return at night after a long day, and it becomes important to feel comfortable as you fall asleep.

Hotel Atlántico is located in Madrid's center point, and is easy walking distance to metro and bus stops. And it's also located on extremely busy Gran Via, where tourists and locals are out in full force.

I stayed here for the location itself. Also, it offers free shuttle from Airport-to-hotel before 7pm (be sure to ask). However, you'll have to pay 6 Euros to get back to the airport if you plan on using their shuttle service. This is a great incentive as it saves you a lot from using taxi.

Because my flight arrived in Madrid really late at night, I was forced to take taxi and it cost me 35 Euros. So go figure. I think I got ripped off.

Hotel's lobby gives a feeling of luxury and front desk is helpful.

My concerns began to mount in my mind as I stepped into their tiny elevator, and walked through various corridors to find my room. If red is not your favorite color, then you should think twice about staying here.

Once I found my room, first thing I usually notice is the decor, and to see if I was given front view windows. I didn't, because I did not ask. So no windows. Decor screamed strong shades of Blue everywhere. In the room, in bathroom, curtains, walls, bed sheets...everywhere with flower prints.

I had expectations because it was rated really high on various sites. It does give you free wi-fi access, and if you don't have your netbook / laptop with you, this hotel also gives free access to internet for all on 9th floor; which also has a nice lounge area. There is in-room internet service, but do not use it. I repeat, do not use internet service in your room, because not only they will charge you, it simply does not work well. So if you decide you need internet, go to the 9th floor and use it.

In conclusion, if you plan to stay at Hotel Atlántico, I recommend you to ask for a room with front-view windows on top floors. It may be noisy, but it's better than staying in a room with no windows and still hear noise from other rooms. Yup, it's not all noise-proof as you may read it at other places.

I had a friend who stayed in a hostel, and when I saw her room I was surprised that my room wasn't much bigger considering I was staying in a hotel. The only difference was that bathroom was more spacious for me, but I wasn't too thrilled with the shower-head; in fact I struggled with the knobs. Luckily, no issues with hot water.

It is situated in a great location, and staff will help you to suit your needs. So no worries there, but if you care for decor and additional amenities (as I normally do, because I am paying for what I deserve), then you're better off finding other hotels which will be more trendy and stylish. By the way, there is no gym / work out room, so that's another down point.

Final rating: Average, due to high cost. Hotel Atlántico is a bit pricey as it is right now, and is quite old fashioned, but if you're looking for an amazing location, then you may want to take a chance with it.
portia portia
Apr 06, 2010
It's a pretty good hotel, right on Gran Via, very convenient location-wise. There is no parking so ditch your car. Lobby is very small, but the staff was friendly. Our room is blue and everything was nice and clean. The window looks out to the street below. WI-fi is available, although breakfast was not included. It's better than I expected from a Best Western, although I have stayed at other good Best Western's before. It is not luxurious, but I won't mind staying here again or recommend it to others.
Our blue room
and blue tiles in the bathroom
our room, another view
Best Western is the one with the b…
Glynnes says:
Nice review. Thanks,
Posted on: Jun 20, 2010
fran2011 fran2011
Apr 01, 2007
This hotel is wonderful, strategically located right on the famous "Gran Via" avenue. The nearest metro station (Callao) is right across the street. The inside of the hotel is very quaint, having a relatively small lobby at the first floor. The elevator is pretty small, compared to American standards. We got excellent deluxe rooms in the 8th floor (second to last) with views of the Gran Via and all the activity surrounding this great avenue. The rooms are very clean, equipped with all the necessities such as TV, safe, minibar, radio, etc. The bathrooms are made of marble tiles, and the window shutter is mechanized to rise or descend. I recommend anyone to reserve their room with the included breakfast. It has a variety of cereals fruits, breads, cheeses and has eggs, ham, etc. I strongly recommend this establishment to anyone wanting a centrally located, quaint hotel.
The view from our hotel room.
Another view from our hotel room, …
Day-time view.
sarah_82 says:
how much do they charge per night?
is it a safe hotel for female travelers?
Posted on: Jun 21, 2007

• Direct dial phone
  • Ticket Service
  • Exhibit Space
  • Disabled Parking
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes