Hotel Arena (the restaurant)

57 Pot K Mlinu, Maribor, Slovenia
(0)2 614 09 50

Hotel Arena (the restaurant) Maribor Reviews

Chokk Chokk
All alone - almost Aug 01, 2011
I was staying at the hotel Arena and I went to the restaurant a bit late but it was supposed to close at 10 pm. When I arrived I found that there was only one table taken and they were ordering dessert when I arrived just before 9 pm. Before the waiter arrived to address me a table I managed to look at the menu because I had nothing to do anyway.

I quite fast found out that I was going for the wild boar and a bottle of red wine, so when the waiter arrived a few minutes later to follow me to a table I gave him the order. He suggested that I ordered a salad to the main dish and I agreed. The food was quite nice but it was not too appealing to sit in a restaurant all by oneself; I could even not complain about the company or the noise. The boar arrived with some dumplings that I had to pass on; not that they were bad but they were just too heavy to my taste – and besides that I am not too fond of dumplings however they look; these looked like gratin.

The red wine was local; tasty and heavy but with a lot of tannin; I had been quite ambitious with ordering a whole bottle.
My salad