Hotel Arena Maribor

Hotel Arena Maribor Rates and Deals

Hotel Arena Maribor Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great hotel in the mountains Aug 01, 2011
I booked this hotel because I thought it was in Maribor city but booking a hotel on your smart phone with limited Internet access is not the easiest in the world. It turned out that the hotel was situated at the mountainside and was a well-known ski sport hotel; they even had the bowl from the Maribor female championship on display in the hotel lounge. I didn’t mind because I was not going to hang out in the city anyway but it was something different than what I had imagined.

The hotel complex is quite large and has a great view of the mountains; all the rooms are facing the slope. It was quite easy to find the hotel via GSP and there were parking space just in front of the hotel. From the outside it was not easy to get an impression of the hotel but as soon as I entered the lounge I could see that this was a large hotel. Even though I had booked on booking.com less than 30 min earlier they had my reservation and I was given a room on the first floor.

The lounge was really large with a small bar in the corner and loads of sofa groups spread all over the area. Just outside there was a huge outdoor sitting area where there were some people sitting but I guessed that the hotel was not fully booked. As I entered my floor I was greeted with a nice scent; the hotel was also a spa and the spa was open to 10 pm every day.

My room was a nice average size but after my stay in Bratislava the day before all rooms seems small. The room was bright with a large window section facing the ski slope and with a large terrace in front of it. The room had two single beds of 90 cm, a nice working desk and large flat screen. There was free Wi-Fi all over the hotel and it worked pretty well everywhere I went. The room was in soft white colours with yellow curtains and all the furniture were in dark wood except for a yellow chair in the corner.

The bathroom was quite large but was in strange colours; the floor was in yellow and the wall had an orange pattern on it. It had otherwise all that you wanted except a tub but I hardly use them anyway so I don’t care about that.

As many of these hotels situated in the mountains in the summertime most of the visitors are early birds out walking, running or biking in the mountain from the start of the day and therefore the place is quite quiet in the evening, but very busy in the morning and people are up extremely early; well to my point anyway.

I went to the restaurant late but it was supposed to close at 10 pm and I found that there was only one table taken and they were ordering dessert when I arrived just before 9 pm. The food was quite nice but it was not too appealing to sit in a restaurant all by oneself; I could even not complain about the company or the noise.

When I arrived I found that there was only one table taken and they were ordering dessert when I arrived just before 9 pm. Before the waiter arrived to address me a table I managed to look at the menu because I had nothing to do anyway.

I quite fast found out that I was going for the wild boar and a bottle of red wine, so when the waiter arrived a few minutes later to follow me to a table I gave him the order. He suggested that I ordered a salad to the main dish and I agreed. The food was quite nice but it was not too appealing to sit in a restaurant all by oneself; I could even not complain about the company or the noise. The boar arrived with some dumplings that I had to pass on; not that they were bad but they were just too heavy to my taste – and besides that I am not too fond of dumplings however they look; these looked like gratin.

The red wine was local; tasty and heavy but with a lot of tannin; I had been quite ambitious with ordering a whole bottle.
The hotel entrance
The lounge area
Entering my room
The bathroom

Hotel Arena Maribor Overview

Discover all that Maribor has to offer with Hotel Arena as a base. All hotel's guestrooms have all the conveniences expected in a hotel in its class to suit guests' utmost comforts. All of the guestrooms are replete with non smoking rooms, air conditioning, bathrobes, daily newspaper, desk, hair dryer, in room safe. This beautiful Maribor accommodation provides 24hr room service, shops, elevator, bar/pub, meeting facilities, restaurant to suit all guests' utmost convenience. For guests to unwind, the hotel offers a variety of facilities and services including massage, jacuzzi, golf course (on site), gym, sauna. With elegant facilities and hospitality, guests at this hotel will surely have an impressive stay. To book a room at the Hotel Arena, please select your dates of travel and complete fill out our secure online booking form.

Hotel Arena Amenities