Hotel Angara

Hotel Angara Rates and Deals

Hotel Angara Irkutsk Reviews

jonnyf1970 jonnyf19…
Poor value for money, tiny rooms. Jun 26, 2011
This hotel was not my best experience of Russia primarily because I fell ill on the day of my arrival here and was ill and confined to my room until the day I left. If I had to be stuck in a hotel room for 4 days being sick it could have been in a nicer one than this.

The hotel is dreadful value for money. £75 a night for tiny "business" rooms with a single bed, tiny bathroom and miniscule TV. No fridge/minibar or kettle. An added irritation was the phone ringing 2 or 3 times every evening after 10pm with prostitutes asking if I would like a "good time".

There are cheaper Soviet style rooms in the hotel but I can't imagine they are any better value for money.

On the positive side, the hotel is in an excellent location right in the middle of Irkutsk on Sukh-Bataar Square. If you arrive in the early morning off a train from Moscow or Vladivostok it is worthy asking if you can check in before the stipulated 2pm check in time - I was allowed in to my room at 7.30am for no extra charge which was very welcome after 4 days on a train. The internet centre in the hotel was also cheap and reliable.

I wouldn't use this hotel again although there isn't much choice currently in Irkutsk.

Hotel Angara Overview

Angara Hotel is located in the very center of business and cultural life of Irkutsk city. We offer 288 rooms of different categories for 455 guests. Except accommodation we are glad to invite you at sauna, billiard's, tourism department (transfer, air- and railway tickets, excursions round city and on lake Baikal, restaurants and bars, conference-hall. At our hotel you will find everything you need for comfortable rest: free wi-fi access, free parking lot, free luggage room, business center,gift shop, chemist's shop, etc. This description is based on information provided by the hotel.

Hotel Angara Amenities

• Steam Bath
  • Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Beauty Salon
  • Health Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes
  • Shower
  • En suite
  • Private Bathroom
  • Bidet
  • Pool Indoor
  • Pub
  • Coffee Shop/Cafeteria
  • Security and video surveillance in public areas
  • Luggage Storage
  • Ice Machine
  • Vending Machines
  • Doctor on call

Related Travel Blogs About Hotel Angara

Back to Irkutsk to catch a Train
Morning breakfast prepared by Nikolai and we said our final "spasibo" (thank you) as we packed up our bags to head back to Irkutsk. It was both unfortunate that the train schedule dictated that we h…Angara River to Irkutsk. Found a hotel that would let us leave our luggage in a storage room for a small…

Check Hotel Angara Rates and Deals