Hotel Ambala

Hotel Ambala Rates and Deals

Hotel Ambala Bogota Reviews

Johnpro Johnpro
In the heart of Candelaria ! Oct 12, 2013
I confused somehow if I must stay in the center of the old city ( Candelaria ) or if I go to the new part of Bogota :) Finally choose the old city !

About my transportation I used a taxi from the airport to the hotel , and if I remember well I paid more less 10 usd !

The building old enough from the colonial years ! Just in the center of the old city and close to the universities and a breath away from the Plaza the Mayor :) About 2 kilometers far away for the cable car to Monserrate hill , been to the entrance walking but is quite uphill :)

The staff really helpful and friendly ! And the hotel safe enough !

My room , xmxmxm not very quite but after eleven pm it was some quite :) The street was at the front of my window to the first floor and I am not expecting a good isolation from a landmark house :)

About my room :) Clean enough but noisy until 11pm :) The bathroom tiny but very clean and the mattress of the bed very soft (don't like it) ! Old style furniture but they offer a mini bar with some snacks in the shelf :) The TV ? If felt down from the wall you going to the hospital for two months :) I don't walk around the TV area :) No any view from the window just the street !

The breakfast was simple but they offer me different choices ! And I try always the traditional one :) No bad :)

Alternative many restaurants , coffee shops around the hotel with good food and many Pizzerias .

The price was about 35 euro per night , I been there three nights !

I recommended for you if you looking for a colonial building and something in the old city center !
The hotel is at the left side , wh…
Johnpro says:
I guess , don't forget someone to post a private thanks :) If did it , thank you everybody for the congrats , smiles and etc in this review - featured :)
Posted on: Oct 19, 2013
yuness says:
Hi Giannis,Congratz on your featured review:)
Posted on: Oct 17, 2013
cicie says:
Congrats on your featured review, Gianis:)
Posted on: Oct 17, 2013
Mish_Mish Mish_Mish
Decent Hotel In Safer Part of La Candaleria Jan 05, 2011
I came upon Hotel Ambala unexpectedly. Originally I was suppose to stay at Hostel Alegrias, a couple of streets up. The taxi driver (who happened to be a police officer as well) informed me that the street that Hostel Alegrias was on was extremely dangerous, and that I was better off staying closer to Plaza de Bolivar, where I would find better lit areas, police officers, and taxi drivers. The taxi driver was kind enough to drive me around that area to point out the details. What a difference. Even though the distance between Hotel Ambala and Hostel Alegrias was literally 10 minutes on foot, I felt totally safer at Hotel Ambala. Granted, it cost more (78,000 single/128,000 dbl.), but it was well worth it. I would rate the hotel as average/good. The rooms are small, but comfortable. Thick, cozy blankets. Very clean. The shower took about 3 minutes to get warm. Breakfast excluded but plenty of cafes nearby. The staff are very professional. The only hostel I saw nearby within this recommended safe zone was Hostel Baluarte. The owner's lovely and the hostel looked run-down compared to my hotel, but once again, it's within this "safe zone." Private rooms cost 30,000-40,000 pesos/ dorms were 15,000 pesos (mixed). For any travelers, I would recommend staying closer to the police-patrolled areas. Better safe than sorry. I would recommend Hotel Ambala for solo travelers, female travelers, and couples. Tips/Additional info: Avoid getting a room that's adjacent to the bar next door. Taxi fare to airport ~ 20,000 pesos.

Check Hotel Ambala Rates and Deals