Hotel Altiplanico

Hotel Altiplanico Rates and Deals

Hotel Altiplanico San Pedro de Atacama Reviews

Toonsarah Toonsarah
Oct 30, 2016
We chose this hotel as it seemed to be a good mid-priced option in a town where both high-end and budget accommodations abound, and it more than lived up to our expectations. The property consists of a main building with lobby and restaurant and 29 bungalow rooms set in three semi-circles. All are en suite and have a small terrace area with seating, but they vary a lot in design and layout (judging by the photos on the website). Ours was #204, a superior double, with a king size bed, plenty of space and good storage with an in-room safe. Our terrace had views of the garden and the bungalows in the first section (photo two was taken from our terrace). We had a large bathroom and a separate outdoor shower – these are only in the superior rooms I believe, and I loved it!. Despite many reviews to the contrary on Trip Advisor and elsewhere, we did have wifi in our room as well as in the public areas, although it was rather weak and unreliable (the lobby wifi is better).

A buffet breakfast is included in the room rate and I thought it a good selection – fresh fruit (pineapple and melon), juice (pineapple and mango), cereals, breads, cheese and meat, scrambled eggs and sausages, and a variety of sweet items. The coffee though left quite a lot to be desired as it was both weak and odd-tasting. On the mornings when we had early departures (before 7.00) packed breakfasts were left for us at the bar and coffee and tea were available. The restaurant also serves lunch and dinner but we didn’t eat any other meals here (the dinner menu looked very limited, by the way). Between lobby and restaurant there is a cosy bar area, and a small room off this has computers for guests to use.

There is a small swimming pool with lots of seating around it in both sun and shade. Although there is a small service counter next to it, this didn’t seem to be staffed at the time of our stay (October 2016) and I had to go to the lobby to ask for a pool towel. The water was chilly (unsurprising as the temperature drops steeply at night in the desert at this altitude) but refreshing, although the pool could have been a little cleaner – there were quite a lot of dead leaves and a few dead insects floating on the surface.

Apart from the lack of pool service staff were friendly and helpful, for instance printing out boarding passes for us ready for our departing flight. I’ve seen a few comments about unfriendly staff but this certainly wasn’t our experience. I’ve also seen some complaints about barking dogs at night, but while we heard these they never troubled my sleep – and I’m a light sleeper. There was more noise from the resident peacocks however, who do have a tendency to screech rather loudly, but they are so beautiful I felt the very occasional disturbance a price worth paying

From the hotel it is about 10 minutes’ walk to edge of town and 15 to the centre. We didn’t find this a problem (I’ve seen a few reviewers comment negatively) but you need to be prepared for this if you want to eat out in the town as we did. The road is a rough track and unlit for one stretch, so pack a torch (flashlight) for your return walk.
Hotel Altiplanico - room #204
Hotel Altiplanico - bungalows
Hotel Altiplanico - peacock
Hotel Altiplanico - peacock

Hotel Altiplanico Overview

The Altiplanico Hotel is located in San Pedro De Atacama making it one of the best hotels to stay at while in town. The Altiplanico Hotel boasts a convenient location with modern amenities in every guestroom and superb service. Each of the hotel's guestrooms offers separate shower and tub, shower, bathtub. To suit guests' convenience, this San Pedro De Atacama accommodation offers restaurant, bar/pub. To unwind, guests can enjoy the leisure facilities provided on the hotel's property, including outdoor pool. Along with its convenient location in San Pedro De Atacama, the hotel also offers a wide range of services and facilities to the guests. To proceed with your reservation at the Altiplanico Hotel via our secure online booking form, please enter your period of stay.

Hotel Altiplanico Amenities

• Pub
  • Coffee Shop/Cafeteria
  • Shops in Hotel

Related Travel Blogs About Hotel Altiplanico

...and the moon shines down
Got up at 5 for a 7 am flight.  Lovely views of the Andes and sunrise not long after takeoff.  Approx 2 hour flight.  John N it was a 3x3 configuration.  I had a window seat on th…Hotel Altiplanico. Domingo Atienza 282 - San Pedro de Atacama, Phone : (56-55) 851212,    Fax: (56-55) 851238.   http://www.altiplanico.cl…

Check Hotel Altiplanico Rates and Deals