Hotel Alcantara

Hotel Alcantara Rates and Deals

Hotel Alcantara Sevilla Reviews

Dr_Seuss Dr_Seuss
Location, Location, Location Dec 06, 2009
Booked it primarily for it's location in the heart of Sevilla. Did research it first, as it seemed a bit to good to be true,as it had so many great reviews, but it wasn't .

Indicative price on here seems a bit high, as paid €44 for each night I stayed here.

The first thing is to find, which is relatively easy, unless like me you can't even find the centre of Sevilla, as it is in amongst the lanes of the old Barrio Santa Cruz district. I had worked out from the map on the hotel site that I just had to stick to walking along the side wall of the Real Alcazar and go up past two turn offs and I would be there. I was a bit further down the street than i had thought and I was beginging to have doubts when I found it.

There is a closer access from the other end of the barrio Santa Cruz, but it's not as nice a walk.

The enterance is off the street accessed through a cavernous space in the walls

Check in was flawless with all the details brought up and confirmation that I had paid in advance, and the girl behind the desk was really pleasant.

Even though it is in the old didtrict there is a lift up to all floors and I was on the third. I got a room at the back where when you opened the window it looked down onto the courtyard, that was set out with tables for having breakfast in the open air.

The room was a bit on the small side, but perfectly adaquate for me. It had plenty of wardrobe space, a chest of drawers and a desk and chair. TV was on that as well, but only did local channels, no satellite channels.

Bathroom was fine, and had a good shower in it. Towels were changed every day, and the maid did the bed at the same time.

The only thing I thought it could have done with was a fridge,particularly for summer, but not a real issue for me in December.

Not that I do breakfast, but I was asked every morning, even at 11-30, whither I would like some, and at €5 it seeemed reasonable. Saw plenty of other guests sitting about the lounge area having theirs over the course of the week.

Reception staff were really helpful, poviding me with a decent map for starters, and then over the next few days, as I started looking for more specific things , finding locations and marking them on the map for me.

As always the beauty of this place was when you stepped out into the warren of lanes and passed the cafes and shops and little plazas, and yet within 5 minutes you were at the Avenida De La Constitucion.

On the way back up at night there is a great Cafe-Bar, Las Teresas, to stop for a quick pint and and night cap 8)

My measure for any hotel, although this may a bit basic for some, is would I stay there again ?

Definately
Hotel Sign In Street
Hotel Enterance
Bedroom
Reception Area

Hotel Alcantara Overview

The Hotel Alcantara is located in Seville making it one of the best hotels to stay at while in town. All hotel's guestrooms have all the conveniences expected in a hotel in its class to suit guests' utmost comforts. All of the guestrooms are replete with air conditioning, daily newspaper, desk, television, bathtub, shower, separate shower and tub. Guests can experience the high standards of comfort while staying at this luxury Seville hotel with everything they need right on the site such as 24hr room service, elevator, safety deposit boxes, disabled facilities, tours, business center. With elegant facilities and hospitality, guests at this hotel will surely have an impressive stay. To reserve a room at the Hotel Alcantara, simply select your dates of stay and fill in our secure online booking form.

Hotel Alcantara Amenities