Hotel Aguas Azules

Hotel Aguas Azules Rates and Deals

Hotel Aguas Azules Varadero Reviews

aeugenio aeugenio
Amazing Apr 11, 2011
No complaints here, I found a really good deal here last summer. Good food, entertainment, nice people, steps to the beach and got to stay in a really nice villa. The only problem was that it was for from downtown Varadero and could not really walk outside and enjoy seeing locals and houses. You would have to take a cab to go clubbing at night, although Mambo Club is next door- decided not to go since it was much older and mature club, but it did look like everyone was having a good time :) I would go to Aguas Azules again and definitely recommend it, as it has a lot of activities, amenities, cash exchange and vendors on the resort.
catamaran and dolphin excursion to…
across from my villa
SalsaQueeen SalsaQue…
This basic, touristy hotel is now called Aguas Azules May 17, 2009
I stayed at this hotel as part of a package deal holiday. We were supposed to stay for 3 nights but hot-footed it back to Havana after 1 night.

The hotel is located in Varadero, about 2 hours outside Havana. It is a specially developed tourist area set in a peninsular which has rows upon rows of hotels - very depressing.

This hotel was the least impressive of the lot. It is a huge building, made up of the main building and then bungalows in the grounds.

Our bungalows seemed miles away from the main building and with no shading away from the hot sun walking to the bungalow and then subsequently to the lunch area was excrutiating.

The bungalow itself was nice, clean, comfortable but because the of the vast layout it felt like a ghost town. It had no balcony plus our bungalow faced what looked like a forest - nice.

The lunch area is what promted us to skip back to Havana. There is a roof but no walls. The food looked OK, I settled for a grilled fish. We were attacked by flies like crazy to the point where I could barely eat.

Dinner later that night was in a huge hall/restaurant that wouldn't look out of place in The Shining. The twenty or so people in there were dwarfed by the size of the space.

Breakfast was also in this space, again, not many people around, felt like a lonely, isolated place.

We heard the beach is very nice but too tired to check it out the night before. The next morning we took the 8am bus back to Havana. If you stay in any of the hotels in this part of Cuba make sure it is not this one!
my obligatory omelette in Cuba

Hotel Aguas Azules Overview

This all-inclusive hotel offers an array of amenities and is ideal for family holidays. There are a total of 411 rooms on offer of which 371 are double rooms, 6 are suites, 8 are junior suites and 2 rooms have been adapted to cater to disabled guests. Amongst the facilities count a foyer with a 24-hour reception desk, a safe, a currency exchange facility and a lift in addition to a café, a bar, a restaurant, a hairdressing salon, a conference room, a games room, a kids' club, a bicycle hire service and a car park. It is possible to gain access to the Internet as well as to make use of the in-house laundry service (fees apply).

Hotel Aguas Azules Amenities