Hotel 81 - Bencoolen

Check Singapore Hotel Deals

Hotel 81 - Bencoolen Singapore Reviews

vivien_huang vivien_h…
Touristy, affordable and clean hotel Jul 14, 2010
The first time I visited in singapore by following the tour along with my mother, we stayed one night at this hotel, the hotel is clean, comfortable and good service. Also, each room equipped with Air Con, TV, private bathroom and a small bar. It just about 5 minutes by taxi to Orchard rd (One of Singapore's popular road with many shopping malls and others).

Hotel building was not so big but quite well maintained and can be found easily on the 41 Bencoolen street. Also, close enough to the Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station and several bus services.
oxangu2 oxangu2
cool location, market,shopping center, room small but it clean, Nov 14, 2010
The hotel is in good city location is easy to go get about Taxi least once in a while Will be seen for once.

Normal level of accommodation but the price is quite high.

The hotel mini bar have Mama noodles served in a room lol cute.

Room good Although a bit small, but it is not bad because it is in the district of easy to find thing eat for a stroll.

Standard bathroom everything is fine

This hotel comfortable room and is located among Singapore’s most significant,

the city’s museum , from Hotel 5-10 minute walk to the National Museum,

the National arts Museum, easy walking distance of the shopping Orchard Rd,

and Marina Square. It is also close to MRT, big one MRT station in Singapore.

There have many food courts cheap.umm i love it, i like to eat both of local food and internation food..great trip
quite small but look ok match,
Noodles lol
view from room
look
bassisette bassiset…
Hotel 81 Bencoolen Sep 03, 2009
If you haven't read my first review on Hotel Bencoolen, I suggest you read that first before read this review.

I was recommended by a friend to stay at Hotel 81 Bencoolen, but somehow I got into a wrong hotel which is just next door. I stayed at the hotel overnight and then decided to go to this hotel because it was SGD 10 cheaper (yes I was in a tight budget.. haha). I stayed here for 4 nights, but as a matter of fact I wish I didn't change hotel.

I got SGD 109 per night for a large bed, which is good. But I was quite disappointed when we got the room. They don't have any carpet. Only wooden floor. I like hotel rooms with carpet. The bed was ok, but they put the TV on the cabinet on the 'right' of your bed. How are you gonna watch anything? The other hotel attach the TV on the wall in front of your bed so it is a perfect position.

The bathroom is ok. Clean but too small for me.

The room service is not doing their job very well. One day, when I came back to the hotel, the room was still messed up. I already put the "please make up room" on the door, so obviously they don't do their shifts very well. The room service, maids, were guys and they only put a t-shirt, jeans and thongs. Yes, uniforms are not that important, but still it represents the image of the hotel. The front desk officers were better than Hotel Bencoolen but we deal with the room service more.. Everyday.

When I stayed there, the fridge was also leaking. I called up a room service to clean up and he didn't communicate really well.

Anyway.. it was quite cheap, quite clean, but next time I stay in Singapore, I surely am not gonna stay in this hotel again.

Hotel 81 - Bencoolen Overview

The hotel is located close to a variety of museums that guests might want to visit. They will also find that they are able to visit some of the city’s historic sites. Guests will be able to reach many popular shopping and entertainment venues, including Orchard Road, with just a short drive. Travelers will find that some attractions are within walking distance of the Hotel 81 Bencoolen. Reaching other areas that they want to visit is easy with a rental car or public transportation.

The rooms at the Singapore Hotel 81 Bencoolen all have air conditioning. Other amenities guests will find include mini bars, tea and coffee making facilities, and TV.

The 14-story hotel has an onsite restaurant where guests can dine. Those who are traveling on business will be able to use the onsite business center. The Hotel 81 Bencoolen Street also has an onsite bar where guests can relax with a drink. The tour desk can provide information about attractions in the area. Parking is available for those who arrive by car.

Hotel 81 - Bencoolen Amenities

• Excursions
  • Direct dial phone
  • Ticket Service
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower