Hotel 63

Check Yangon Hotel Deals

Hotel 63 Yangon Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Good Hotel in Yangon Feb 06, 2013
We choose this hotel as we couldn’t find other budget hotel in Yangon at the last minutes as the original hotel we booked were fully booked and the hotel manager didn’t give other room or hotel replacement, and we don’t want to spend too much money for hotel especially in our first week in Myanmar.

The location of the hotel is not great as it is located close to the harbor and industrial areas with plenty of big trucks parking around the hotel and dark streets surrounding it. However, the hotel building itself is quite nice and bright with big lobby, friendly, helpful and polite receptionist who tries to help guest with any enquiries; free internet in the lobby areas which seem like brand new big flat screen computer and free wifi in the room, elevator, and bellboy who is quick to open the door for hotel guest and carry luggage up to the room. There is security guard post right outside the front door to the hotel. I also find there are too many employees hanging around the lobby and breakfast areas (during breakfast) and do nothing.

We have room on the fourth floor and the room itself is spacious with one big comfortable bed, small dining table and a couple of chairs, big screen television with many different channels, medium size refrigerator with free two mineral water bottles per day, air condition, and medium size bathroom with hand held shower, and plenty of space for our luggage. The cleaner clean and change the towel every day and replace the toiletries. Despite it is location, it is very quite in the room and we couldn’t hear any traffic noise from below or from the next door neighboard. It cost USD 50 per night for single or double room with buffet breakfast. I like the big breakfast in this hotel which consist of fresh fruits such as orange, papaya, apples, toast, fried eggs, fried sausage, fried rice with chicken, fried noodles (sometimes with meat, sometimes with vegetable), fried vegetable, sweet and sour fish or chicken, porridge, soup, salad, and three different type of traditional Myanmar dessert. On the first day of our stay, there were big fried prawns for breakfast and I am galloping for it.

The hotel restaurant open 24 hours and offer different type of food, from Chinese to Myanmar food. The food is quite good and not too pricey compare with other restaurants, considering this hotel is far from any restaurants or cafe.

The taxi from the hotel is quite pricey as the receptionist tells us the cost to each of our destination and sometime the taxi waiting outside the hotel, if no taxi around, the bellboy will find the taxi for us. It cost 2,500 Kyatt from the hotel to the city centre, however from city centre to the hotel cost 1,500 Kyatt only, and cost 10,000 Kyatt to airport or bus station.

The hotel also offer free luggage service while we travel around the country for three weeks. Overall, I enjoy our stay in this hotel and it is easy to go around city centre by taxi.
welcome drink
reception area
lobby
handbasin
Cho says:
Thank you for the information about Hotel 63. I know the general location of the hotel now. I think it is near the Bohtathaung pagoda. As every hotel in Yangon has increased their room rates two or three times, $50 a night is not so bad, and even though the location is not ideal I might stay at Hotel 63 on my next Yangon trip. Thanks again.
gingerbatik says:
Hi Cho, thanks for the smile on my hotel review. This hotel is quite nice albeit the location. Here is the address: Merchant Road, between 62 &63 Street, Botahtaung Township, Yangon.
Phone no. 01-397865, 9010091, 9010092
Email: hotel63ygn@gmail.com

From hotel to city centre by taxi cost Kyatt 2500, but from city centre to hotel only cost Kyatt 1500 (either Sule Pagoda or Ang Sun market).
Cho says:
I am a native of Yangon, Myanmar and lived there for 33 years, but don't know this hotel! It must be a new hotel. I visit my hometown every year, but with the big increase in all the hotel rates there, I am thinking of staying at Hotel 63 on my next trip to Yangon. Do you remember the location, is it far from the city center? Thanks, and have a good weekend.

Check Yangon Hotel Deals