Hosteria Izhcayluma

Check Vilcabamba Hotel Deals

Hosteria Izhcayluma Vilcabamba Reviews

seharkins seharkins
Cheap but comfortable with gorgeous views Jan 09, 2011
Awesome hostel! We were traveling here during the 2010 census, and this was the perfect place to wait it out. The hostel is a few kilometers outside of Vilcabamba and a little hard to find as there is another hostel with this name as well; but, because of this distance, there are excellent views of the mountains and the entire valley. In the morning, you can wake up and watch the entire valley come out of the mists. Afterwards, walk around the gardens and bird watch, even if it's not something you would normally do. And yes, the food is excellent! I didn't have a bad meal the entire time I was there. The hotel staff is also tremendously friendly and helpful, and the spa is AWESOME. One of the best I have ever been too and super cheap! Plus you will want this after a few days around Podocarpus National Park.

I can only think of two downsides, but they aren't dealbreakers: one, the beds and two, the showers. The beds were hard as rocks! Fortunately, we were exhausted from hiking the first two days and didn't really notice this until our last night there. As for the showers, no one I was with could ever figure out how to work the water temperature. We're from Guayaquil and used to taking cold showers, but these would randomly fluctuate from scalding to ice cold without even a touch of the handles. It didn't matter what hour we showered. We never figured it out. The shower was big enough that you could step out of the water when it got too hot and just wait it out. Despite this, this hostel comes highly recommended. We will be staying here again for a few days in January. It's a great place to stay while enjoying Loja and the surrounding areas.
travelingforlife travelin…
AMAZING PLACE TO STAY>>.... Nov 25, 2010
Hoteria Izhcayluma in Vilcabamba, Ecuador….

This was one of my most favorite places I have ever stayed probably because of the Location, atmosphere, food, and staff. This place is like paradise but in the mountains. As soon as I got there I fell in love with the place. There is a majestically outstanding view of mountaintops and the center of the small village down below. The restaurant is beautiful to and serves up delicious meals from dishes from all over the world. The food is not only some of the best but very affordable too! Breakfast is complementary and a gourmet lunch and dinner is no more than 6 dollars US since the ingredience in this country are so inexpensive. They staff was really nice and inviting as well. They have a game room, movie center, and pool. The pool was nice to be able to take a refreshing swim and relax. The entire resort is surrounded by flowers and wonderful landscaping. You can see the surrounding mountain tops from above that have hiking trails to daytrip on. Some are very dangerous with very small paths and very steep on either side but well worth the 360 degree view. The primary construction of this place is stone. They have concrete stone walkways; hand carved stone railings, and beautiful stone showers in the bathrooms. Not one private room is the same. They all have different designs and layouts. The showers have hot water and the rooms around just under 30 dollars per night with towels included. They have there own bar that opens up at 7 p.m. and many enjoy playing pool, ping pong, while enjoying cocktails. They also have a TV with a movie center to enjoy movies. I would recommend this place to everyone because it is truly paradise for a fraction of the price.
determinada determin…
Hosteria Izhcayluma Apr 03, 2008
I'm in love. not only is Hosteria Izhcayluma ridiculously cheap for a dorm bed ($9 USD pp), it is essentially a resort. The setting is gorgeous, set in the hills outside of Vilcabamba, but not far, and with a great view of the valley and town itself. There are flowers everywhere, hammocks to relax in, a big DVD collection, a bar with billards, foosball, ping pong, darts, a laguna pool, parking, and an open terrace restaurant. the food is cheap and really delicious! they also have free-use bikes you can take around town, self guided hiking maps, and can connect you with great excursions.

i did the full day (7 hours) horseback riding trip through vilcabamba's countryside and the Podocarpus national park. it was amazing! and only $25 USD including lunch. Izhcayluma also has a spa center, where you can sign up for some of the cheapest spa treatments I've ever heard of. I got a package of hair masque and massage, facial and reiki for $21 USD. Other travelers told me the massage they got ($18 for 75 mins) was the best one they've ever had.

the breakfast buffet that is included is outrageous. fresh fruit every day, sometimes with homemade granola and yogurt, homemade bread, your choice of eggs (any way you want) or crepes, fresh squeezed juice and real coffee.

We only stayed 3 nights...I could have stayed forever.

Check Vilcabamba Hotel Deals